close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mag loading question

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by mc24, Dec 19, 2013.

1. mc24

mc24

Jan 30, 2011
    I have a PSA ar15 with the metal mag that came with it and a magpul mag that I bought extra. When I insert the metal mag and I pull the charging handle, it will chamber a bullet. But with the plastic magpul, when I insert the mag and pull the charging handle it does nothing. The mag want even catch in the mag well. I have to lock the bolt catch for the mag to catch in the mag well then release the bolt catch to chamber a round. Why is this? Is it because one is metal and the other plastic or what. I know this may be a newbie question, but thats what I am. New to the ar platform. Thanks for any help.

2. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    Roaming
    It could be the thicker material on top of the magpul feed lips hitting the bottom of the carrier.
    Try painting the bottom of your carrier with a black sharpie and then hold the mag up while pulling the charge handle back and forth a few times. Check the mg to see where it hits and then scrap a little off the mag or return it for another.

A few years ago I asked the management here to find someone to takeover this Gate forum because I can't handle it with my business being as busy as we are. It doesn't look like they found anyone. I'll try to check in more and answer troubleshooting questions.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013