close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Made some holsters last night.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by bjhubb, Jun 15, 2011.

1. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Made a couple of holsters last night. One for my g26 and the other for my sigpro sp2022. These were very easy to build. The hardest part was forming the kydex. I have about $15 in each of these. I have worn both of them for an extended period and they are very comfortable.

2. COLOSHOOTR

COLOSHOOTR

Sep 29, 2005
    Colorado
    Very nice work! Where did you get all the parts/kydex for them?

3. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Jan 19, 2004
    Louisville Kentucky
    I will have to tell you that those look outstanding & I'd be very interested in one just like you made for the G26 if you are interested in making another & selling it, At a Profit of course..
    [​IMG]

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Very nice! For even MORE comfort, line the back side with moleskin.

5. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    Thanks for the comments. I wore the g26 in the holster tucked in all day today. It was comfortable but I might make a few minor modifications. I used oil tanned leather that is very soft and supple so it conformed to me very quickly. I will probably make a backing out of some shoulder leather that is quite a bit stiffer just to try it out. It will take longer to break it in but I can soften it up with leather conditioner. I bought all but the kydex at Tandy Leather and I bought the kydex at a knife store. I might sell a few of these after a longer trial period just to make sure my craftsmanship is solid. Anybody can make these. I have a handful of leather tools that make it a little easier, but you can find some sort of tool to substitute. I really can't believe some are charging upwards of $90 for these. Even if you use the top material out there the most your cost to build one should be is $25.

6. GunHo198

GunHo198

Oct 7, 2004
    Tampa
    I'd love to have one too. That is a sweet job!

7. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    View attachment 217193 View attachment 217191

I made some modifications. I made a leather backing out of the stiffer shoulder leather and I did a different combat cut to help with the butt of the grip from jabbing into my side. The stiffer leather will take longer to break in, but I think I like this setup better.