close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Made in Austria or USA?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ChallengerSRT, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ChallengerSRT

ChallengerSRT
    Expand Collapse

On another thread, someone posted their Glock was made in the USA. I thought it was really cool and different. I mean, what percentage of Glocks are stamped that way? One person commented he wouldn't want his made in the US, which surprised me. It's a non-issue for me, except one poster said the finish is darker on the US made version when put side by side. Someone commented that the tennifer finish process was not allowed in the US so maybe that's the difference? Not sure if there's any truth to it.
    So, I'm interested to know everyone's opinion on made in USA vs. Austria? Are people here that unpatriotic that they'd actually prefer THEIR gun be made elsewhere? Are you saying made in USA isn't good enough for you? :eagle:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JWG_34

JWG_34
    Expand Collapse
    TeamCarverMount

Tennifer is not allowed in the US,Im not sure what finish is use here in the US,But the tennifer uses chemicals that are not an allowed process here in the usa(EPA rules)

3. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I'd prefer my Glocks to be made in Austria, I'd prefer my Berettas to be made in Italian, and I'd prefer my Sigs to be made in Germany.

I like guns to come from their country of origin.

4. tonyparson

tonyparson
    Expand Collapse

Neither Glocks made in Austria or USA have been treated with Tenifer.. Glock stop using Tenifer about a year or so ago.

5. Smidgen

Smidgen
    Expand Collapse

So they can't speak English while making your gun, even if they are doing so in ITALY ?? :supergrin:

6. Shiloh228

Shiloh228
    Expand Collapse

And if they're made in Smyrna...they're probably hard to understand as well...especially for a Yankee!

7. bustedknee

bustedknee
    Expand Collapse
    Curmudgeon

Look the same
    Feel the same
    Shoot the same

[​IMG]

8. Triple7

Triple7
    Expand Collapse

I have a USA Glock....a couple hundred rounds through it and it shoots like....a Glock.

9. Browner

Browner
    Expand Collapse

Yeah when I said the finish was darker on the USA one, its no big deal. I have Glocks made in USA and Austria as well. I have no problem with my USA G19 at all. Now if I can find a Gen 4 G19 made in the USA, I'll buy it. Ron

10. Montblanc

Montblanc
    Expand Collapse

The USA Glocks are exactly the same as the others. No differences but the markings

11. Scott30

Scott30
    Expand Collapse

12. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

I understand that, only the frame is made in US.

13. Shiloh228

Shiloh228
    Expand Collapse

"frame"?
    My G19 has "USA" on the slide, barrel and the receiver, matching S/N on slide, barrel and receiver.

14. burttrans

burttrans
    Expand Collapse

My USA made G26 is all made in the USA and shoots great! Like stated above it looks the same, shoots the same, and feels the same as my Austria made G19 except my G19 has a FDE frame! Love them both G19 by my bed with tactial light and G26 for carry,

15. Inebriated

Inebriated
    Expand Collapse

Glock has apparently stopped using Tenifer. Look at their site... no mention of it. It's my understanding that they do their own hardening treatment now.

They just say "GLOCK applies advanced surface treatments on major metal components, resulting in slightly less than diamond hardness. This considerably reduces wear and tear on these metal components and makes them corrosion resistant, even when operating in saltwater conditions. The matte black surface minimizes light reflection—an advantage in tactical circumstances."

Regardless, my frame and slide both say "USA", and both have the Georgia proof marks. So... they're made here.

#15 Inebriated, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  16. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Oops! Lol

17. haydenBJJ

haydenBJJ
    Expand Collapse

i just bought a new G26 last week, and upon doing some reading, i come home to look at it further, and it id indeed a USA Glock. G26 gen 3.

I am sure reliability is the same, but does anyone have any thoughts on which one is more valuable (at this point)? I would guess the USA ones will be more rare for awhile, but i'm just guessing.

18. Dan Glock

Dan Glock
    Expand Collapse

I second this. Especially with the SIGs.

19. GT86

GT86
    Expand Collapse

The US made is less common, but not worth any more or less than one made in Austria.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

20. iluv2viddyfilms

iluv2viddyfilms
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. And I'll guess it goes without saying you'd want your 1911s made in the USA.