close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mad Men: How It All Ends...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by G29Reload, Jan 24, 2012.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Its been a few months, but I just did some searching on Mad Men, AMC's heavy hitter, and if the upcoming season 5 will be its last.

This fascinating experiment in time travel will not end this season, but two hence. Seven altogether.

Weiner states that it will end with Don Draper in the current day, looking back on his life:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/mad-men-will-end-in-prese_n_1094473.html

Probably a lifesaver for AMC, whose stable includes the awesome Breaking Bad which will end in 16 episodes upcoming, either together or split into two mini seasons of 8 each. Losing both in one year would be horrendous.

Comments from Kurt Sutter, who feels FX gives good leeway to his smash Sons of Anarchy (he predicts a finale in season 7, needing the next 3 seasons to complete his story arc) said during the FX / DirectTV kerfluffle that AMC was ravaged financially by Weiner, him coming in as their first big hit but being inexperienced in negotiations, AMC gave away the farm to Weiners production unit based on initial success and now they're tight for cash and incredibly cheap, interfering with their latest success The Walking Dead and slashing budgets.

I havent heard anything about how they're handling Hell On Wheels, but its pretty good and I'm watching.

Apparently the only reason why Breaking Bad has done so well is because Vince Gilligans production unit works for Sony pictures, and AMC just pays for the right to air it and can't interfere with production.

AMC is still giving Weiner the run of the place and 7 seasons is a nice run. I'm glad to see it coming back, likely March after TWD wraps season two.

AMC's series are usually pretty good.

FX tends to round out my viewing with:
    Son's of Anarchy
    Justified

The hysterically funny The League, matched with football season in the fall,

Archer

Its always sunny in Philadelphia, and

Louie.

Have not heard if Wilfred will return. Pot smoking dogs are funny, but only for so long.

Enjoy people.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Really enjoy "Mad Men" and "Hell on Wheels".

Betty Draper (January Jones) could 'have her way' with me, any day!!:supergrin:

In the end. . . I'd like to see Don and Betty get back together.

As for "HoW", I think that Durant and Lilly Belle are going to get together.
    (Dominique McElligott can have her way with me, too!!):supergrin:

3. wjv

wjv

But what about "The Kardashian"?????

Serious question: Did anybody here ever watch 'Men of a Certain Age', which is now canceled.

I never did. . Didn't care one flying leap about it.

If I want inter-personal drama, I'll hang out in the GNG Lounge. .

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. Mntneer357

Mntneer357 Armed&Hammered

Say it ain't so! Seeing Christina Hendricks strut her bad self around always brings a smile to my face. She's hotter than a $2 pistol.:hearts:

Hopefully she'll find another television opportunity on which she can be seen more regularly.

Here's to hoping!

Slainte!
    Mntneer357

5. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

They can’t let Don make it out of the sixties.

He needs to check out from too much smoking before leisure suits and mutton chop sideburns.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

January Jones was uber hot as Miss Frost in X-Men.

7. BEER

BEER bad example

back when i was watching it i could have sworn i was told that the series finale was the one where they sold the house.

how much have i missed? apparently i have some catching up to do.

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

It ends with everyone dying of VD, cirrhosis and lung cancer. Lol

9. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

Ouch! That is/was a good show. I caught it a while back watching seasons 1-4. It was a very pleasant surprise, very enjoyable and entertaining.