Machined MAK 90 Worth?

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by mac66, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Got a line on a MAK 90. It is machined but has the slanted receiver. It also has the 386 circle stamp on it and stamped Norinco on the bottom.

The butthole stock is intact but has been cut at the pistol grip. Not a big deal since it will be converted. Yeah I know about 922r so no need to go there.

What would be a reasonable value of the rifle. It has a bunch of stuff with it but looking at a starting point for just the rifle at this point.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    lug notch machined wrong? Gunsmithing Jun 27, 2015
    Lone Wolf Machined Long Slide for G20sf General Firearms Forum Nov 15, 2014
    Lone Wolf Machined Long Slide for G20sf General Glocking Nov 15, 2014
    Nighthawk Custom Ambi Safety - Fully Machined 1911 Forums Dec 19, 2013
    Machined my first slide today for an RMR. General Glocking Feb 18, 2013

3. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

$600.00 would be a good "fairness" starting point if it is otherwise in good condition

#2 FireForged, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. $600 won't even buy a stamped Mac 90 in the mid-West unless you are a dealer trying to low ball an inexperienced seller.Around here $900-$1200.
    Go for it if you can buy it for $600.
    glak

5. Yeah, $600 is the "rapist" price for that gun.

Milled, I'd go as high as $900. My .02 cents.

6. FireForged

Millennium Member

I know where there is one [milled] at a local shop for $549 right now and has been there a month. That is typical for this area any day of the week.

#5 FireForged, Feb 12, 2014
  7. Any chance you get me the name of that shop and a phone number?

8. FireForged

Millennium Member

sure.. i will PM you

I am not associated with the shop or its people and Im not trying pitch sales for them but I dont mind sharing casual info with a fellow GTer

#7 FireForged, Feb 12, 2014
  9. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

The rest of the story...

A friend of mine ended up buying that AK from a neighbor. Had 5-30 round mags, 2-5 round mags, all the stuff that came with it originally, a tactical ase and 200 rounds of Chinese steel core ammo in the yellow Norinco boxes.

The neighbor (whose father in law died) took the gun to a local gun shop who offered him $275. I kinda knew what it was worth so suggested offering $100 more than the shop. An offer was made and my friend got a good deal.

It might seem like we screwed the guy over but in reality he got the gun for nothing and was happy to get something out of it with no effort. He is not a gun guy and so had no concept of the value of it. I personally think that's what that gun is worth (at least to me). The guy who bought it isn't going to flip it, it is for his personal use so everyone benefited from the deal.

BTW, I bought the other gun the guy had, a Remington 81.

#8 mac66, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  10. FireForged

Millennium Member

Totally awesome

11. You guys preyed on his ignorance and ripped him off, big time. The amount he had in it is irrelevant. If someone else did that to your mom would you think it was the right thing to do?

12. DJ Niner

Hmmm.

Did you get that number you asked for yet?

You're not gonna "prey" on that shop that is ignorant of what that rifle is really worth, are you? No, I'm sure you were just going to tell them they aren't charging enough for it, and they should raise their price.

Unbelievable...

#11 DJ Niner, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.