close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MA glock 19 mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chrisw, Jun 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. chrisw

chrisw

First off, I would like to thank all who have helped me over the years. I am a member of a couple different forums one of which is in regards to the profession I am in and without question, GT always has the most friendly and helpful people. You guys and gals rock!

Now the question is in regards to glock mags for a MA resident who recently purchased her very first gun, a glock 19.(I am soooo proud!!!) She has been asking for direction on where to get certain accessories and one of which is she seems to be a magazine whore in training just like I am so she has asked me what to buy and where to buy. I know that she can buy preban 15 rd mags, but are they reliable at almost 20 years old? I personally would rather have a reliable 10 rounder than an unreliable 15 round mag. Any suggestions on where to get them and how much they should cost? Can they be rebuilt with new spring and follower? Are they drop free?

If for price or reliability reasons she just decides to go with the 10 rounders the same questions. Are they reliable? Any idea where one can obtain a handful of them at a reasonable price? While I would just dump whatever I have to to get a dozen mags, I would like to keep this somewhat practical financially. Maybe a mix. 2 or 3 RELIABLE 15 rounders and another 2 or 3 10 rounders for the range or backup. Please those out there that are restricted by the remnants of the Brady Bill, please give me all the info you can. She loves her 2nd gen glock and I am jealous as all of my glocks are 3rd gen, but most importantly I want her to spend her money wisely. Thanks all!

2. DocWills

DocWills

You can get Glock 10 rounders new for the same as post ban 15s. More tens would be preferable to 100 dollar prebans 20 years old.

3. SJ 40

SJ 40

10 rounders are what they are,10 rounds. The couple 10 rounders that I have been given have been reliable to a fault but are only 10 rounds not 15.

Thankfully I live in a state where their are no restrictions on standard capacity magazines and very little else. SJ 40