Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

M/S Protection tool

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by 9jeeps, May 3, 2010.

1. 9jeeps

9jeeps Still Jeepin

May 22, 2004
    Still being plagued by M/S Protection tool on IE and FF.

I talked with a Sweety in India for a couple hours this week and only understood about five words..... Ok, so she had a nice voice. But I really do need to get rid of the 'Tool' annoyance.

Any fixes for dummies?:embarassed:
  2. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

3. 9jeeps

9jeeps Still Jeepin

May 22, 2004
    Sorry it didn't work.:dunno:
  4. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Mar 25, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    A reinstall takes an hour or so if you're slow like me.
  5. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

If this is a ongoing issue that you can't resolve then you should backup your data and reinstall the OS.
  6. 9jeeps

9jeeps Still Jeepin

May 22, 2004
    YEP! I think that's what were going to have to do. :upeyes: :crying:

PS: Wifey says, stay out of India!!!
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  7. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Before you reinstall - Boot into SAFE MODE and scan. Malwarebytes, or any other AV/AM (AntiVirus/AntiMalware) software can defeat trojans/virus/malware when they are using stealth technology.

Most trojans/virus/malware use stealth technology today - It is *VERY* effective.

Booting into SAFE MODE prevents the intruder from loading into the operating system at boot time which allows Malwarebytes to properly identify and remove the invader.

Press the F8 key (very top of the keyboard) repeatedly until you boot into a black and white text screen that offers you SAFE MODE, SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING - Choose the With Networking option if you think you need to freshen up your Malwarebytes signature files.

Then scan away and see if you come up clean finally. You might just be surprised...

PS - From now on use the key combo of <ALT> + <F4> to close any pop-ups you get. That will help quite a bit as well.
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  8. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

Sep 7, 2001
    Kokomo Indiana

And after that rebuild install MS Security essentials plus Malwarebytes, then give your old data the once over with those before copying it back on to your new build.