close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

M&P Shield9 minus the Hogue Jr Now!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, May 24, 2012.

1. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

After about 650 rounds total (350 w/ Hogue Jr. Installed) I realize I don't really like it. I installed it for the palm swells, but it "torques" around the handle while shooting. You have to readjust it between strings of fire.

I'm still learning the trigger, & still no malfunctions to speak of!:wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

Im sure someone will make a slip on grip or grip tape for it if not out already. If I get a Shield I would want that. I have never liked Hogue slip ons for pistols, the Sig ones are great and also for revolvers.

:50cal:

#2 TSAX, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  3. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

I hate all the slip on grips. I don't like palm swells or finger grooves. Pachmeyer makes one with neither of these, but it is for larger guns. And, the rubber is super thick.

Go buy a cheap 16" bicycle innertube at Wal-Mart. I have used this for years now, on many guns. I am finally near the end of that 1st inner tube. If you cut it too short or two long - just try again and cut another piece.

After you install - wipe it down in oil and then wipe it off with a rag. This gets that white powder off. Then, you are good to go. It is the thinnest way to have a rubber grip on a polymer gun. Its ugly, but works fantastic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ponchsox

ponchsox
    Expand Collapse

Talon has custom grips for the Shield although they have temporarily suspended orders.

5. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

Interesting....heard of that, but never seen it applied does it move under firing?

6. pat701

pat701
    Expand Collapse

Save up your money few 3 or4 more months and get the Sig P239 in 9MM. Its what you really wanted to begin with. Buy once buy right!

7. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

Naaaaah... It SUXXXXX!!! J/k... Never really warmed up to Sig...I'd rather go HK 1st! The reviews I've seen about it were "blaaaah" their P290 was a mistake.....

8. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

I have had them on many guns over the years - never had one move yet.