M&P or Glock

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by Newbombz, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Have a trade offer, M&P40 for my G23. Going to go handle one tomorrow at Cabelas. I like the simplicity of the Glock. How is the M&P? How is it to carry a M&P40?

Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. G33

G33 Frisky!
    Millennium Member CLM

Both great.
    Keep Glock.
    Save for M&P.
    :supergrin:

3. Just traded a 27 for a M&P 9c and think I got the better end of the deal. I really like the ability to adjust the grip and as a bonus ,it carries great in my Blackhawk Serpa for my 30.

4. I got the M&P40. I love it!

5. Congrats on the M&P. I have a Fullsize 9. I love it. It is the smoothest shooting 9mm I have ever fired. I almost like the M&P better than Glocks, But I have a lot more shooting to do before I can make that call. Glocks have a better trigger IMO.

6. I prefer the ergonomics of the Smith.

7. I tend to agree. I've got a 23 and it is a down right handy sized pistol. S&W doesn't make an equivilant at the moment.

The M&P has some features that I like over the Glock, including a smooth trigger face, the grip texture, and the interchangable backstraps. What I don't really care for is that the trigger is a tad heavier than the Glock's. Granted, you can get used to it or work on it, but I have to deal with the former cause I can't get away with trigger jobs. The M&P also handles great.

The Glocks have a reputation for being rock solid reliable and it will take a while for S&W's M&P to develop the same.

8. They're both great defense guns
    The M&P fits better to my hands
    I prefer the M&P trigger

9. I just traded my Glock19 for a S&W M&P40c...I liked the Glock, but I love the M&Pc bigtime. It seems to fit my hand better and is much easier to conceal with the shorter grip.

10. Generation 4 Glocks now have the backstraps.

11. I own a Glock 19 and a S&W M&P 9, i like the M&P better. If the new generation 4 Glocks are Glocks answer to the M&P, then Glock struck out big time.
    Dont get me wrong, i like Glocks, but i like the S&W M&P better. I predict that S&W will dominate the law enforcement market with the M&P.

12. cwprint

Millennium Member

Hello All,

Newbomdz, Hope you don't think I'm hi-jacking yours thread...

I have a G19 that is flawless but I've been looking at the M&P's. I would like something a little larger for IDPA and proffesional shooting schools (should I'm ever able to afford one). The FS9 and the Pro have caught my eye. Can anyone comment?

CW