close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

M&P and NP3

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by rainman33, Mar 25, 2010.

1. rainman33

rainman33

Aug 17, 2009
    Hey guys, I posted this at another forum but didn't get many responses so I thought I'd try here.
    I have an M&P 40 FS that I really enjoy. So much so, that I am considering getting a refinish in NP3+. I have a few questions. Will this affect my warrenty through S&W? Second, would they have to strip the original factory finish from my slide before applying a new finish. Third, what are some opinions on the NP3, will it keep my pistol in better condition longer? And Last, a Cabelas near me has good deals on an M&P with a stainless finish. It might be cheaper to sell and buy a stainless rather than go with NP3. But, does the stainless model offer the same level of protection as the black melonite or NP3? Thanks for any help.<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_248959-->

2. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    The main avantage of NP3 over some of the other options is the added Teflon. Hard Chrome has better abrasion resisitance but less corrosion resistance. If you like the color I think it's very hard to go wrong with NP3.