close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

M&P 9mm Pro in second IDPA match

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by BigMatt, Aug 2, 2009.

1. BigMatt

BigMatt I feel pretty!

Sep 5, 2008
    ARKANSAS
    Well other then the rain yesterday was tons of fun. I shot my second IDPA match and used my brand new S&W M&P 9mm Pro. a few thoughts.... I really like the gun as a whole accuracy was exceptional most of my two shot groups were less then 2 inches I thought this was good being "on the clock" my times were relatively competitive I would say I was around middle of the pack, which I dont think is to bad for only being my second time shooting in an organized setting. The gun functioned FLAWLESSY with around 100 rounds downrange in HORRIBLE conditions. I am still getting used to all the rules of IDPA and had a couple of procedural penalties. Almost got a FTDR for "Airgunning" Who knew. All in All I think it is safe to say I am HOOKED!!! and I am amazed I never knew how many matches were available withing such a close distance of me. Their are litterally three a month in my home town and several others within an hour or two. I also put a few rounds down range with my new G17 and look forward to doing some work with my g17L when it arrives.

2. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
  3. R.TOKER

R.TOKER

Jan 26, 2004
    Buckeye Country!!
    I don't think the G17L will fit in the "IDPA box". Thus, Glock came out with the G34/35 models. FWIW. I love my M&P9 much more than any Glock I have!! Good shooting!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. BigMatt

BigMatt I feel pretty!

Sep 5, 2008
    ARKANSAS
    The matches I have been shooting at ar not sanctioned I think they will let me use the 17L there are a few folks there that shoot a 1911 with a 22 conversion

5. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    @irgunning is procedure error (3 points/One.Five sec), not @s dr@stic comp@red to the FTDR.....

6. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

Aug 10, 2002
    Philly Area
    fyi, I sell discount keyboards and PC accessories. :tongueout:

oops, just realized I pulled this thread back from the dead. Been searching around for M&P threads, didn't realize how old this one was.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  7. clipper100

clipper100

Dec 8, 2006
    FL
    I am a new shooter in IDPA.

I chucked my Glock 17RTF for the M&P 9 Pro Series.

Trigger pull is perfect and the M&P more accurate and comfortable to draw and acquire.

8. garand4life

garand4life

Mar 31, 2009
    Ohio
    AWESOME! I am debating working my M&P40 full size into a IDPA/USPSA service pistol gun.

9. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    I shoot IDPA and USPSA with a M&P 9 Pro. Great gun.

The rules between IPDA and USPSA are so different I understand that problems arise.

Air gunning.... Who knew. I like IDPA because I think using cover and such is very good practice. I like USPSA because usually the distances are greater.

Glad you are having fun. The whole point of the thing.

10. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    Great to hear how nice it is.I would love to get one when I get the $

11. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    I think airgunning looks rather gay, even though routine in uspsa....

But then I'm no Todd Jarrett either...

12. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    I understand, Mr. Charles never gave me a chance to air gun. lol.

But, I shoot Production 10 and in USPSA you can drop a loaded mag so air gunning is helpful to plan reloads. With only 10 rounds per, efficient mag changes are a real time saver and all part of the game.

Todd Jarrett with the flu and his right foot in a bucket of cement would still clean my clock. But would he have as much fun?