close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

M&P .45 ACP hi cap mags?

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by bobpork, Dec 4, 2008.

1. bobpork

bobpork

Feb 11, 2007
    I picked up a full size M&P 45 a few weeks ago and am getting antsy about getting the biggest mags available for all my stuff before the merde hits the fan. The mags that came along hold 10. Are there any available that hold more?

2. python357

python357 Flippin' Idiot

Sep 22, 2003
    South Georgia
    You can get factory 14 rd mags, but they are hard to find. I paid $25 for mine at gandrtactical.com.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    Carrying a 7+1 compact .45 on-duty in my plainclothes assignment (and an 8+1 full-size model a while ago), having a 10-rd magazine in my full-size M&P seems more than enough for my needs.

I'm seriously considering picking up one of the M&P compact .45's, which only has an 8-rd magazine, for my retirement.

4. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    +1!!

I have the full sized M&P45 (ambi safety levers, but no MS), and love it....

The Compact seems like a worthy LW OACP/CCO replacement!

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    Yeah, my full-size M&P 45 Dark Earth w/thumb safeties has been a remarkably nice surprise. I haven't taken any of my 1911's out of the safe since I received the M&P 45, including my Colt XSE Government or my SW1911SC. The M&P 45 has been so interesting to me for my range training sessions that the 1911's have been idle the last few months.

BTW, I finally got off the dime and decided to order the M&P 40c instead of the M&P 45c ... for now. Maybe the M&P 45c will follow later. Not sure. I do have a Colt OM, an original 4513TSW and a CS45 for smaller retirement CCW choices, but the M&P 45c still seems like a great choice to round out my carry choices.

The M&P 40c seems like the ideal compact .40 S&W pistol and will likely result in my other .40 S&W pistols, including a G27, being relegated to the safe for the most part.

6. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    I was informally benchresting mine (M&P 45) a few months ago, from about 15 yards...

new cheap paper target up, sun behind it, so i could clearly see sunlight shining thru a bullet hole on a target behind it....

THinking my sights were already pretty darn close to 'dead on', i carefully aimed at the light spot caused by the hole in the target, and...nailed it...dead on! Right thru the same 'hole'!

I wish lightening the trigger was as easy as with my Glock 21, though, simnple substitution of a different part....

Big difference in ease of use of 4.5 lb trigger vs. 6.5 lbs, but, certainly useable for quick engagements at 10 yards or less!

7. vettely

vettely

Nov 28, 2006
    TX
    Glad I found this. I now have two hi cap mags one in black and the other coyote/brown.
    G&R tactical has the best price, however the black cost $5.00 extra. These will be great for quals and go bag.

8. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
  9. vettely

vettely

Nov 28, 2006
    TX
    I had two in my cart at Botachtactical but when I got to check out and found out what they charged for shipping, I bailed out.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  10. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    I don't remember what it was for shipping but I usually order good quantity on stuff so percentage wise it is less an issue. I think at the time I ordered 4 10 Round M&P 2 14 Round M&P and 5 Sig 226 mags. Getting the 15% off helped in my case.

11. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008