close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lyman Turret Press

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by gglockner, Apr 4, 2010.

1. gglockner

gglockner

Feb 18, 2008
    I just got this press last week, after taking several years off from reloading. The primer unit is what gets me. There has got to be someone out there that knows how to adjust it so it doesn't spill more than it primes. I know, I know, get a hand primer and take the POS off...

Thanks,
    Glen

2. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    You answered your own question. Most presses the priming is best done off the press.

3. itotorica

itotorica

Aug 20, 2005
    You will never going to make it work.Save yourself some time and buy another priming tool.

4. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
  5. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Dang! You've answered your own question. Hand primer will give you better feel. Cheap and easy way to avoid the pain. I used a Lee hand primer for years. If you get one, remember to lube it per the instructions, and it will last forever. Cheap enough so that you can get one for small and one for large.

6. 3-XD

3-XD

Oct 21, 2009
    I also have a Lyman Turret Press. Don't waste your time - remove the priming device from the press (throw it in the garbage) and get a couple of Lee hand primers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

7. I started with a Lyman Turret. Throw the auto prime away.

8. johnjohn

johnjohn

May 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge La.
    I have a Lyman turret and took a friend's advice and got a Lee hand priming tool.

9. gglockner

gglockner

Feb 18, 2008
  10. GLShooter

GLShooter

Jan 3, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    On my AA Turrets I just drop a primer in the post by hand. The BS about "contaminating" primers MIGHT be real but you sure can't prove it from my experiences with them over the past 35 years.

Greg

11. gglockner

gglockner

Feb 18, 2008
    Went to the local store today and picked up an RCBS hand priming tool. Everyone I talked to said the Lyman shell holder would fit. NOT

Close but no cigar as they say. The pocket on top of the primer is a wee bit smaller. Everything else would have fit.