close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lyman cast bullet mold in .452

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by norton, May 6, 2012.

1. atakawow

atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    CRB = Cheap Rat Bastard.

We CRB will scrounge anything and everything that is salvageable!

2. I work for a gun-nazi French Canadian company. nearly a year ago, right after I started working there, the tree-huggers decided to be more "green" and European ISO compliant, so naturally the decision was made to purge the entire plant of all lead. They brought in a huge dumpster and started tossing it in. I spied a pallet with about 1500 pounds on it, in neat little 30 pound bricks. I asked my supervisor to give me a scrap metal pass, so I could load the pallet into the back of my truck. He in turn asked his boss, who said "Oh no, that's HazMat. We gotta pay to have it hauled off." Realizing that Tempest Fugit, I went right to work rat-holing what I could stash. I've since carried it out in my pockets, 5, 10, 15 pounds at a time, depending on what I happen to be wearing or driving. I currently have about 600 pounds of lead in my garage, and about 400 more at work to smuggle out.

Does that qualify me as a CRB? :)

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    It's a good start.

Have you ever had a .357 mag case split at the mouth so you trim it down to .38 special size even though you have a bucket of .38 special brass? :supergrin:

4. Nah, I'm kind of a 45 elitist - both auto and Colt. But, when I'm running the bandsaw to get the lead blocks down to pocket size, I make it a point to collect the cuttings. I've probably gained an extra 3 or 4 bullets that way. I also refuse to use good 45 auto brass to set up changes on my press. Instead, I use that crappy SPP brass.

I also bought some wax toilet bowl rings for 10 cents (jewed them down from 20) at a garage sale thinking I would make bullet lube out of em.

I use lizard bedding instead of tumble media because its 50 cents cheaper for a bag, and two blocks closer to the house.

Used the ole lady's muffin pan for ingot molds, then bought her replacement at goodwill for 75 cents.

Am I getting close?

5. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    And here I always thought it was Cheap Reloading Bastard.

6. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
  7. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    I know people that use both. If I'm not mistaken it started as cheap rat bastard and Tree Rat was the first.

8. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I mine the lead lines from discarded gill nets, purse seines and scrap ballast lead from fishing boats.