close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lyman cast bullet mold in .452

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by norton, May 6, 2012.

1. atakawow

atakawow
    Expand Collapse

CRB = Cheap Rat Bastard.

We CRB will scrounge anything and everything that is salvageable!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. MudFlap379

MudFlap379
    Expand Collapse

I work for a gun-nazi French Canadian company. nearly a year ago, right after I started working there, the tree-huggers decided to be more "green" and European ISO compliant, so naturally the decision was made to purge the entire plant of all lead. They brought in a huge dumpster and started tossing it in. I spied a pallet with about 1500 pounds on it, in neat little 30 pound bricks. I asked my supervisor to give me a scrap metal pass, so I could load the pallet into the back of my truck. He in turn asked his boss, who said "Oh no, that's HazMat. We gotta pay to have it hauled off." Realizing that Tempest Fugit, I went right to work rat-holing what I could stash. I've since carried it out in my pockets, 5, 10, 15 pounds at a time, depending on what I happen to be wearing or driving. I currently have about 600 pounds of lead in my garage, and about 400 more at work to smuggle out.

Does that qualify me as a CRB? :)

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve
    Expand Collapse
    Decap Pin Killa

It's a good start.

Have you ever had a .357 mag case split at the mouth so you trim it down to .38 special size even though you have a bucket of .38 special brass? :supergrin:

4. MudFlap379

MudFlap379
    Expand Collapse

Nah, I'm kind of a 45 elitist - both auto and Colt. But, when I'm running the bandsaw to get the lead blocks down to pocket size, I make it a point to collect the cuttings. I've probably gained an extra 3 or 4 bullets that way. I also refuse to use good 45 auto brass to set up changes on my press. Instead, I use that crappy SPP brass.

I also bought some wax toilet bowl rings for 10 cents (jewed them down from 20) at a garage sale thinking I would make bullet lube out of em.

I use lizard bedding instead of tumble media because its 50 cents cheaper for a bag, and two blocks closer to the house.

Used the ole lady's muffin pan for ingot molds, then bought her replacement at goodwill for 75 cents.

Am I getting close?

5. unclebob

unclebob
    Expand Collapse

And here I always thought it was Cheap Reloading Bastard.

6. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

I always think of it as Cheap Reloading Bastard.

7. RustyFN

RustyFN
    Expand Collapse

I know people that use both. If I'm not mistaken it started as cheap rat bastard and Tree Rat was the first.

8. stevelyn

stevelyn
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

I mine the lead lines from discarded gill nets, purse seines and scrap ballast lead from fishing boats.