close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LWD Recoil Rod Falling out of G20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by atyszka, Nov 8, 2012.

1. atyszka

atyszka
    Expand Collapse

Maybe this is normal and nothing to worry about, but I've not seen it happen with any of my other (5) Glocks, so I'm not so sure.

I purchased a LWD SS recoil rod to run stronger springs with hot 10mm loads, and the rod seems a hair short, because when removing the slide for disassembly, the rod doesn't keep tension on the barrel and can fall right out.

I have a Jager SS rod in my 35 Unlimited gun and stays in just like the stock RSA, this is a first for me.

Is this normal and "ok"?

Thanks
    Art

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

It falls out when you field strip the gun....right?

It's not uncommon in the big frame guns (G20/21). The end of the rod simply does not hook into the assembly notch on the barrel (where you put it to assemble it) again when the slide comes off.

No, it does not stay in the notch during use....it has to push against the frame to push the slide closed.

3. atyszka

atyszka
    Expand Collapse

Butch, exactly right, it falls out when field stripping it. The stock RSA (Gen 3) seems to be a tad short too, but the plastic end seems to "hook" the slide a bit more and stays in when field stripping. Once assembled, it cycles, the slide stays closed and shoots fine.

So nothing to worry about in your opinion?

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

Correct! If it works, it doesn't need fixin! But that was most likely also the case with the original factory assembly too.... :)

What part of Minnesota are you in?

5. atyszka

atyszka
    Expand Collapse

Butch, thanks for the insight, always appreciate it.

I'm in Plymouth, and I belong to and shoot at a club in Cokato and the Delano Sportsman Club. Other than dominating the GSSF match at Oakdale, how about you?

6. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER
    Expand Collapse

Happens all the time with my g20 and my g24

7. dango

dango
    Expand Collapse

At first ,I thought the length had something to do with it but I then bought the stainless spring and still , sometimes falls out ,sometimes not, no big deal.........! :cool: