close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LWD Barrel in my G-36

Discussion in 'Thin to Win - G36 Club' started by barnettbill, Sep 26, 2011.

1. barnettbill

barnettbill

Apr 6, 2003
    Abilene TX
    Well last month I put a LWD barrel in my 36. It was a rough start, and after polishing the feed ramp and firing 450 rounds for break in, the barrel is working flawlessly. In fact I have fired a couple hundred rounds of lead SWC with no hiccups. Not to mention that the barrel seems to be more accurate than the stock Glock barrel. Best $110 bucks I have spent on the ol' girl.:supergrin:

2. G36_Me

G36_Me

Aug 4, 2009
    what kind of ammo you shooting?
    I'd like some details to see if I can or should break my LW barrel out of the safe.

I kind of gave up on it.

3. barnettbill

barnettbill

Apr 6, 2003
    Abilene TX
    I am reloading "The Bullet Works" 185 gr plated flat nose over 4.9 grains of Hogdon Clays in miscellaneous brass with Tula large pistol primers and Missouri Bullets LSWC 200 gr IDP#1 over 3.7 grains of Hogdon Clays same brass and same primers.

I also polished the feed ramp and the inside top of the chamber about half to 3/4 of the way in using a dremmel, felt buffing pad and jewlers rouge. If you have any questions feel free to ask.