close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Luke Volkmann Resigns from His own Company

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Rinspeed, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Very strange, seen this on a couple of the forums. :dunno:

2. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio

3. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

Jul 10, 2001
    Alabama
    Not the first gunsmith (or other craftsman) who found the step from a one man operation to dealing with a partner or employees too big. I once went 'round and 'round with a highly touted gunsmith whose hired hands did not do the quality of work that got him all his gunzine plugs.

4. pistolwrench

pistolwrench Dremel jockey

Jul 27, 2009
    My boss is a real jerk.
    I quit this place about twice a week!
    Then the mailman brings fresh bills........
    and back to work I go.

5. :rofl::rofl:

6. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Doesn't seem to be a big deal, his partner is obviously as dumb as they come in a business sense. What's the point in pissing off your only source of revenue? Either way, all he's doing is switching "companies."

7. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

maybe now that he has trimmed the fat so to speak, his prices might come down a bit.... :rofl:

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    When I order mine a couple years ago, I spoke to George first and then Luke called me back to place the order.

George didn't seem all that knowledgable, in my opinion.

9. chrisman17

chrisman17 Boom

Jan 31, 2004
    New Orleans
    I'm one of those guys, I hope I'm not out of $1000.00....

10. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Yours too? Sounds too familiar...

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Sounds like a good move and that Luke just got rid of some dead weight.

12. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Damn man. That SUCKS. Hope you get your cash back. Did Luke start the build yet?

13. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I highly doubt it.

14. chrisman17

chrisman17 Boom

Jan 31, 2004
    New Orleans
    I don't believe so, he basically said I had to take it up with george to get my deposit back.

15. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Seems pretty clear to me. You entered into an agreement for Luke to build you a pistol and provided consideration in the form of a 1k deposit. Luke walks away from the company and states he has nothing to do with orders placed with him before he left (the agreement was with the expectation of Luke building the pistols)....sounds like a breach of contract to me, due to the fact that if things stay the way they are, you are not getting what you bargained for; ie. a Custom 1911 built by Luke Volkmann. I would demand my money back, for sure.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  16. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :animlol:

17. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I believe Luke and George started Volkmann Custom Inc together.

18. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I agree with Dave. Get your money back.

I'd get on the horn with George without delay.

19. chrisman17

chrisman17 Boom

Jan 31, 2004
    New Orleans
    This is the whole email from Luke.

Hello,
    This is Luke Volkmann. Volkmann Custom, Inc has had a change of hands so to speak. I have decided to contact clients from my personal email list to inform you as quickly as possible about the company's future. The paragraph below will be public info posted on the forums this week. A few of you have pistol orders in Que as i type this email. please do not worry about the completion or your deposit. I give you my word that if you so choose, I will still personally build your 1911. After reading the statement below, please call me and we can discuss the options to proceed. If you would like to comment or ask any questions about the company's history or future, please call me at 303-884-8654. Since i am starting my new company Volkmann Precision, LLC from scratch, I could use any support you are willing to offer on the forums. I will have a new website up very soon with new contact info and email links available. Thank you very much for your business and friendship.

12/29/2010
    Another individual and I own equal shares in Volkmann Custom, Inc. He and I have recently had serious disagreements over the operation of the company. Those disagreements have made it impossible for me to work as the company's gun builder. Since there is no immediate solution to our differences, and since he would not permit me to do the work to complete current work orders, I have resigned as an employee and manager of the business. If you have questions or concerns about work in progress at the company, I encourage you to speak to George Horne at 303-237-1300. I am confident that I have treated him and customers alike, with honesty, integrity and respect since Volkmann Custom, Inc formed. I realize that this turmoil may have inconvenienced some of you who are in Que for my builds. Though the circumstances were beyond my control, I truly apologize for any confusion or concern that any client of mine has experienced. Those of you who wish to have your custom 1911 still built by me personally, may contact me at Volkmann Precision, LLC. I am the sole owner and gun builder of the business. My new shop, equipment and tooling will only better the product I make. Of course, I will hand build your pistol one at a time as i did before and there will be no other gunsmiths involved in the process. My goal is to be up and running by March 2011. This will put back my previous build schedule by only a few months. If you feel you have been negatively effected by my departure from Volkmann Custom, Inc., please let me know and i will do my best to make right with you. My contact number is 303-884-8654. Thank you for your business and support, I appreciate both and will do whatever it takes to keep them,. I truly look forward to working for you in the future at Volkmann Precision, LLC.
    Thank You

Luke Volkmann

20. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Luke did seem like a hell of a nice guy when I spoke to him in 2008. If its for the better, I'm happy about his move.

He builds a great 1911 and, hopefully, his prices will be back in line a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]