Lubrication

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by CharlieDelta127, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Suggestions on a thinner grease?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Weaponshield grease is light weight and works well in the cold.tom.:cool:

3. This is exactly how I do it... No issues yet and it does seem to wear less than just using CLP on the outside of the BCG. It feels a little smoother when you work the action too.

4. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

+1 - EWL is awesome.

5. I have an extra quart of Penziol Platinum Synthetic oil 5W-10. I though I would give it a try on one of my uppers.

All run like a dream on CLP and REMoil, but it is an easy experiment to run.

Today I had a few (6 out of 100) failures to fire with American Eagle Ammo 55grn, good primer strike too. Did it in all three uppers, never with any other of the 5 ammo types I had today, so it is ammo related.

6. What weight motor oil are you guys using?

I am thinking about switching to motor oil because gun oil seems to evaporate. I'm a M1 fan myself.

Well, another idea would be gear oil. Synthetic doesn't have that smell. 75w90 will work fine but there is also the 75w140.

7. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

ATF! Stinks but it's cheap and works well.

For all you FrogLube guys, I've seen a few people claim it's the same as Thompson Center Natural Lube 1000 and a lot more expensive.

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I)'be been using oil since 1985,.....never had a lube related issue.
    Slip 2000 EWL is my pick these days.

9. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Slip 2000

10. When I use oil it's 0w20

11. I use the same 0-20 mobil one that that I use in my truck...when I feel that it's not high speed enough sometimes, I pour it in a black bottle that has SEAL slick penciled in on the side and I light a $10 on fire...I feel better about myself then.

12. Plain old gun greese works well....but you should clean your weapon after each use, in SHTF switch to a light gun oil and don't over lub your rifle.

13. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For an AR I think it's better to err on the side of more. Not less.

I'm liking FrogLube.