close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LP Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G-19, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't remember RP or AR ever saying it was wrong for individuals to try to recover stolen (taxed) income by means of existing government programs. If they did take such a position, then you'd definitely have some hypocrisy to point to and I'd agree 100% with you. I simply doubt you'll be able to produce anything resembling that.

Heck, I'm an anarcho-capitalist (meaning I think markets are more moral and more efficient than government, and should replace it entirely), and even I think you're morally justified in trying to recover losses inflicted by the government if they'll hand you some of your money back.

2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

Sounds a lot like the excuse used for spending that was not Constitutionally mandated.

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional

I don't like Ron Paul and I don't think the government should be in the retirement business, BUT Ron Paul has a right to his Social Security check, regardless of how much money he makes now.

The government took that money from him all through his working life, with the promise of a retirement check.

He's entitled to that money just as much as the poorest person in America is.

Don't like it? Then the government should get out of the retirement business and quit making promises they can't keep.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    OP is still trollin' I see.

I disagree with Paul here.

5. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    So now trolling means pointing out that the LP party practices a "do as I say not as I do" approach to just about everything. If that is what it means I guess I am trolling.

Time and time again Certified Funds and other Paulbots have referred to those on SS as stealing from tax payers, some even claimed it was at gun point. I was just pointing out that Ron was one of those willfully stealing from the tax payers. If RP was such a man of principal then he would decline the money. The Paulites have been quick to claim SS taxes are just a tax and not a retirement fund, but now that Ronnie is getting it they claim he has a right to it. Seems like talking out both sides of their mouth to me. How does this type of hypocrisy differ from what the Republicans and Democrats do?

It seems to me that if the Paulites do not agree with Paul collecting SS, then they would be hypocrites if they continue to support his bid for the WH. If they continue to support him they are saying it is ok for him to not live up to a standard they want everyone else to live up to.

But then again, I am just trolling for pointing it out.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    I agree, if someone works their whole life and pays into it, they are ENTITLED to it when the time comes.

7. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    There is no "right to SS" -- such a thing simply doesn't exist. But there is nothing wrong or hypocritical with trying to reclaim what has been stolen from you, while you still have a chance to get it.

Others (not RP) may have taken a much stronger position that an individual choosing to accept repayment is wrong -- and for those people, personally accepting repayment would be hypocritical. But you have yet to produce any examples of those people.

8. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    Are you *entitled* to be repayed from a Ponzi scheme that collapses?

9. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Difference in a Ponzi scheme and SS is that you did not willfully invest into SS. If you willfully invest in something that turns out to be a Ponzi scheme, tough luck.

10. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    You actually miss the point. I am more interested in the hypocrisy of the LP supporting someone who does not actually believe/support the LP platform since SS is one of the chief complaints I have heard on here from them.

11. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    First let me say I agree with what another poster said, I am not a Romneybot, I am a " anyone but Obamabot".

I am accused of trolling for pointing out something about RP, but go back and look how many anti-Romney posts there are that have been posted by LPers. I guess they are just trolls also.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

No, they're Obama supporters.

13. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Maybe it is just another case of it is ok for me, but not you.

14. Ten million dollars in shrimp earmarks placed by career congressman Ron Paul. Eight million dollars for marketing plus two million dollars for research.
    Did the founding fathers anticipate this?

"Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it. There's, um, shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp in potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That's, that's about it."

:music:
    Wild shrimp!
    I am your pork pimp!
    I'll make federal funds ... easy!
    Wild shrimp!

Wild shrimp, I want to pimp you
    But I gotta know for sure.
    Will eight mil be enough?
    You need it...

Wild shrimp!
    My values go limp!
    I'm just an earmark pimp
    For my wild shrimp!

[​IMG]

15. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    I am waiting on the "You must hate the COTUS/Freedom" response.

16. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    You hate freedom, the Constitution, puppies, apple pie, baseball, and hot dogs. And HK hates you, because you're not an operator. :tongueout:

17. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Haha.

18. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    You know we're in the same line of work, right? I'm local, not state, though.