close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Low and left / gen 4 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LikeAg4, Sep 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LikeAg4

LikeAg4

I just bought a gen 4 19 and ran 250 rounds thru it. 200 was wwb and. The other 50 was Tulammo from Walmart. The Tulammo shot better and felt stouter than wwb. I didn't get really good groups. I was shooting low and left. I have read on other forums it is trigger control, I am having a little trouble getting used to the feel of the Glock Trigger. I don't have this problem with any of my other pistols, but they are all mostly 1911. Big difference. If anyone has any pointers on learning the Glock trigger, please advise. This is my first Glock and I'm loving it so far. Got lucky and didn't have a single malfunction. Two brass flew by my face while I was shooting weak hand but that is it. It has the rsa stamped 0 3.

2. LikeAg4

LikeAg4

Sorry, shots were all right together, just low and left. About 2 inches left, around 2 1/2 inches low.

3. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Most people will say that this is caused by flinching, trigger control, or a grip issue, and EVERYONE who gets on here to give you advice is going to say DRYFIRE! So, dryfire, alot!

4. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

5. LikeAg4

LikeAg4

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I need to find someone local That shoots glocks a lot, to teach me how to shoot it. This is my first glock.

6. Vartarg

Vartarg

Great golfers don't get great looking for swing advice on internet forums....

They take lessons from pros, and practice, practice....practice!

I've seen some "natural" shooters...but I'm sure not one of them, and they're few and far between. The rest of us required lots of training.....and practice!

7. mknpwr

mknpwr

While putting 1500+ rounds through my gen 3 19 I was consistently left 1 inch after carefully removing as much of the operator error as I could. I finally had my sight adjusted and put another 50 down range and that fixed the last bit of error I had. Mind you this was not all done in one range trip, but the last trip was 200. That was when I finally adjusted the sights to correct the left error completely. All that to say that not everything in your groups is operator error. After eliminating you as the problem adjust your sights if you need to.

8. Chigurh

Chigurh

Newer shooters, and old hands too once in a while, anticipate the shot and usually pull it low/left.
    Can result in some nice groups :) but practice (real, productive practice, not just shooting bullets and repeating mistakes) almost always centers the group.
    But as mknpwr said, sights can be off.

9. MajorD

MajorD

at what distance- if you are a couple inches off at 7 or 10 yards it is probably your technique- if it is a couple inches off at 25 yards a tap on the rear sight is in order. All my glocks have required a bit of windage adjustment to get them centered.
    remember to practice trigger reset- after the first shot and your trigger finger is all the way to the rear slowly release trigger until you hear of feel a click you can then fire again -do NOT fully release the trigger all the way forward- this causes a lot of what you are describing.

10. Twoglocks

Twoglocks

Try shooting double taps, increase the speed, you will forget about flinching plus smooth out the trigger to remove the creep. It will help not to pull down and left.

11. Photoman642

Photoman642

Something else to try is to shoot from reset. Do a search here on trigger reset. There's bound to be a good explanation here.

12. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

trigger control trigger control trigger control...

13. jfrey

jfrey

I had a very similiar problem only I was high and left. To say shooting a Glock isn't like shooting a 1911 is a big under statement. The thing you need to get used to is finger control on the Glock trigger. Put more finger on the trigger, not just the end like a 1911. The biggest thing that finally cured my problem was installing a good set of Dawson Precision sights.

14. .38 super

.38 super Observer

Coming from 1911, few Glock triggers will not push the hits low or left, It's a light gun with heavy trigger that distracts you by telling you what's going on internally while pulling it... Going with lighter and smoother trigger will move the hits to the center, but practice is the real answer I guess ... Get one of those correction targets and just go to the range more often ... :thumbsup:

15. viper144

viper144

I am like jFrey, I now put more finger on the tigger.....all the way to the first joint. I also got a great tip from a RO at a Glock shoot.....he told me to apply a little pressure on the side of the gun with my left hand thumb(I shoot right handed), it works great, but you will have to dry fire alot with this technic to get use to doing it.

16. mattra

mattra

Take a friend along to the range and have him load your pistol for you one round at a time with occasionally not putting a round in so you won't know if its loaded or not and then shoot it - basically the old "ball and dummy" drill. You'll be able to quickly tell if you are anticipating the shot and flinching when the gun goes click instead of bang. I find this is a handy drill to do every once in a while to see if you are developing bad habits and its a good way to break bad habits.

17. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Practice dry firing at a wall, with a laser attached, or just a cheapie laser pen taped to the rail. Watch the dot as you pull the trigger. This will show you just how badly your pull is throwing off your shot.

Do this till you can keep the dot still. I still do this from time to time, to keep tabs on my trigger pull.

18. LikeAg4

LikeAg4

Thanks everybody for the tips. I can always use more practice. We went back out tonight and I my friend brought his Ransom Rest (sp)? It is a mechanical rest that vices the pistol down and takes out human error. He uses it to check reloads. I would really like to have one myself. Anyway, the pistol in the rest was shooting about a 1/2" lower than what I previously did. We drifted the rear sight to where I am only shooting low now. I need to maybe get a shorter front sight. The sights on it now are mepros, so I hate to have to buy another to bring it up, but I guess I am going to have to. Thanks again to everyone who responded. I didn't think I was shooting that bad.:whistling:

19. LikeAg4

LikeAg4

Thanks for the reset tip also.

20. Photoman642

Photoman642

You're welcome. Also, try some different ammo as the different bullet weights and speeds will impact at different elevations.