Lots of people applying for pistol permits in NYS

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ithaca_deerslayer, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Gallium

CLM

I've never been arrested for traveling THRU NYC or out of its two airports with handguns. To date I've had...over 3 dozen interactions with NYPD/Port Aut PD flying in/out with guns.

I've also been pulled over in the NYC area, guy saw the rifle case in my SUV type vehicle, he asked about it, I pointed out to him they were inaccessible to me while I was driving, and I had no passengers - that was the extent of it.

Do you have any links to any cases of people traveling THUR NYC with firearms properly secured who were arrested? Excluding flights out of JFK/LGA of course.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. No, a NYS permit to carry pistol is indeed valid in Buffalo. Also, the main type is not business related, although you do have to show good cause. See section 400 of NYS law for the specifics of the types of licenses.

3. AFAIK no NYS pistol license holder has been arrested at either of the NYC airports for checking baggage containing a handgun. I also don't know of a single motorist who has been arrested for transporting through NYC on their way to somewhere else.

There have been numerous non NY residents who have been arrested at NY airports because they did not have a NY pistol license. Please don't confuse the two and please don't spread rumors without fact.

4. This.

I recently traveled through LGA, checked my handgun, and the PA officer who cleared me commented there had been 5 non-res arrests in the previous week alone.

5. Myself and my wife both have unrestricted concealed carry........permits issued by the current judge all have outdoor sports restrictions.......even for active duty LE.......because he can I guess:dunno:

6. This is such BS! Some judges are sooooo unbelievable.