close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lost CCW?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by lilbuddy, Apr 9, 2007.

1. lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Mar 10, 2007
    NC
    Lost my wallet today and just got off the phone with the credit card company....Im so pissed off right now but Im really worried about my ccw permit. Do I have to go back downtown to get a duplicate copy? Im so f'd.....Im in Durham county if that makes a difference.

2. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    This is copied directly out of NC firearms law.

"Any person who has been issued a valid permit must notify the Sheriff who issued the permit within thirty days after he/she has a permanent change of address. If the permit is lost or destroyed, he/she must notify the Sheriff who issued the permit of such loss. They are then eligible to obtain a duplicate permit by submitting to the Sheriff a notarized
    statement that the permit was lost or destroyed and paying the required duplicate permit fee."

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    Don't carry concealed until you get a copy of the permit.

I "lost" my wallet a few years ago. I got a duplicate in a few weeks. I was given a letter on the spot to carry on until the permit was ready (slow here).

4. lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Mar 10, 2007
    NC
    :laughabove: you are the 2nd person that said that to me...its funny b/c I would never think about carrying without it....plus I dont event have a DL right now. I have to wait for my duplicate to come in the mail.....I called downtown yesterday and they gave me the low down on what I have to do....I was downtown Monday and Monday night I lose my wallet....Murphy's law I guess...:sad:

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    I reported my wallet stolen. The officer who did the report really stressed not carrying until I got another permit although open carry is ok. I got the letter the same day and the new copy later.

My biggest fear was some unscrupulous dealer selling some crackhead a gun on my permit and DL because they had it! :sad: