close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lookit what followed me home!

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Critias, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

Mar 31, 2005
    Cleburne, TX
    (I'll try to get my own pics of it soon)
    [​IMG]

Just got home from the gun store with a Mossberg 590 Special Purpose, similar to the one above. It's got a six-shot Tacstar sidesaddle on it, a nice Hogue forend, and Mossberg factory Ghost Rings (I may take off the rear aperture and just go by the front blade, gotta wait and see how I like 'em).

I traded in my old SKS (which I've barely touched since picking up my AK), and thanks to the trade I got the Mossie for $125 plus tax. I was getting ready to flip a coin in order to decide between a Mossberg and a Remington for my first home defense shotgun, but when I saw this one, I figured I'd snatch it up.

All I'm after now is (a) a trip to the range to see how much I think I'll need a nicer recoil pad, and (b) a light of some sort for it.

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Disclaimer: I am not very recoil sensitive.
    That being said, I have a 590, and recoil has not really been a problem at all, even with slugs. I am using a CDM gear MT mount (3-slot rail) with a Viking Tactics light mount, and a Surefire 6PL with the dual switch tail kit. The light mount and rail have held up very well so far, as has the light itself. Not too bad on cost for a quality light set up, and it meant no permanent mods to the gun (ie: chopping off the bayonet lug to use the Surefire fore end...)

3. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Feb 21, 2010
    Kansas
    Looks like a nice scattergun to me...enjoy!!

4. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Youre gonna love those ghost ring sights when you start to play around with those 50 to 100 yard shots with slugs. GRS really accentuates the fighting shotgun's "versatile" reputation.

5. WJR

WJR

May 13, 2002
    AL, USA
  6. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

Mar 31, 2005
    Cleburne, TX
    I hated getting rid of my SKS, but it felt silly to just have it gathering dust if I could save money to trade it for something I'll use. I was pleasantly surprised how much I got for it, though! The guys at all three gun stores I visited said it was one of the cleanest SKSs they'd ever seen, and they were all offering me decent money for it -- even though I shoot Glocks and AKs, guns known for their reliability, I still kind of "baby" 'em, so I liked hearing that someone else appreciated me keeping my guns in good shape. ;)

I've got a buddy that does some three-gun stuff in the area, and hopefully now that I've got all three guns, I can start getting in some trigger time.

7. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    Three Gun Matches are a blast, and good practice at shooting in different positions and on the move. Things you just can't usually do at the range.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  8. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    very very nice I came close to buying this one (or something very very similar?) a few months ago, just because.

Can never NEVER have too many blacktical tactical boomsticks ESPECIALLY Mossbergs ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY SPX'es

9. roar

roar .38 Special

May 31, 2006
    Washington
    Did you get a 590 or a 590A1?

I have a 590A1 that looks exactly like yours, minus the sidesaddle, and it is great! I still am more of a Remington guy but I love Mossberg as well, and my 590A1 is my "beast" of a shotgun. Never had any problems with the 590A1!

10. dc2integra

dc2integra

Oct 3, 2009
    congrats on the mossberg 590 they are great shotguns