close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking to buy a G30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by N3tT3chMan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan

Hey everyone new to the forums here. Looking to pick up a Glock 30 today. my biggest concern is all the threads about glocks blowing up on people. has anyone here seen one blow up with factory ammo or is this just from hand loads?

is there anything i should be concerned about besides the initial break in of the magazine springs?

2. Flipz

Flipz

You have nothing to be concerned about. It can happen to any firearm, not just Glocks. You will hear that it happens with Glocks more only because they far outnumber any other handgun in circulation. And its not just handloads that cause them to Kaboom, it happens with factory loads also. Every now and then 1 single faulty round will sneak through and will cause a Kaboom. It can happen to anyone, with any gun, using any ammo.

And dont worry about the magazine spring needing some break in. Its just harder at first to load to full capacity. It doesnt mean you cant. I highly suggest you get an UpLula magazine loader. It makes things so much easier and your thumbs wont hurt from loading mags after you finish a long day at the range.

The Glock 30SF is a great firearm and will be my next purchase to be used as a CCW. Purchase with confidence.

OH BTW, Welcome to GT!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

99.9% of the Glock ka-booms have been 40 S&W

4. multo17

multo17

The G30 is a great gun & was the first Glock I ever bought! It's a sweet shooting 45acp with low recoil compare to my G23 in 40 S&W! So far, it has been flawless & it's my HD gun. I have not heard any kabooms with a G30 even with reloads, which I don't do. And the 45 acp is a low pressure round, unless you go for the hotter loads, which I find unneccesary!:cool::wavey:

5. 223plinker

223plinker

I love my G30!!! It eats all types of ammo without a hiccup! I have never had a problem of any kind.

6. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan

just went to the shop and looked at a g30sf whats the going rate for them? they wanted 650 OTD

Thanks for the kind welcome did not expect this kind of response so fast.

7. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hello N3tT3chMan, welcome to Glock Talk.

The G30 or G30SF 45ACP (10+1) pistol is a superb choice in the Glock 45ACP line.

The last price quote I saw from Ed's Public Safety for a new Glock 30SF was $491 plus $15 shipping to your FFL dealer ($506 total) if you are a current member of the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF).

If you aren't currently a GSSF member, Ed's will charge $541, including new membership in GSSF for one year ($35), and immediately make you eligible for the discount (no 4-6 week waiting period to process the GSSF application). Ed's has an excellent reputation among Glock Talk members. You can buy from them with confidence.

Keep in mind that GSSF membership also makes you eligible to attend the 1-day Glock Armorers Course that is not open to the general public ($150 tuition).

8. tuica

tuica

Shoot only good quality factory ammo, (reloaded ammo at your risk - but I would not), and only jacketed rounds and your chances for a "Kaboom" nearly vanish off the charts. I can pick up a new G30SF in the Portland, Oregon area for no more than $580 - usually less. Used guns always a great option, if you feel comfortable judging them. Glocks are damn tough to ruin, and I generally pay under $450 for a good 2 to 3 year old pistol. Good Luck.

9. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan

it seams 650 is a little high... i want it so bad though...

10. Flipz

Flipz

Unfortunately $650 is the going rate for one where I live also. You must consider that some areas of the country have higher prices then others.

I would do as suggested above and purchase one from Ed's Public Safety. Have them sign you up for GSSF and get the discount. I have done 2 GSSF purchases through Ed's and could not have been more pleased with their professionalism. They are my #1 choice when purchasing a Glock. All you have to do is find a local FFL that will do the transfer. The transfer fee should be anywhere between $25-$40. And keep in mind that since its an out of state purchase, as long as you dont live in Georgia, there is no tax. If your local FFL's try and charge more then $20-$40 then look for local pawn shops that have an FFL. They will most likely be the cheapest.

11. Derek02100

Derek02100

I bought my G30sf before I joined GSSF and I payed about 550 OTD. It is a great gun I carry it everyday and I have never had an issue. I would definitely recommend it to anyone! Look around you should be able to find one for a reasonable price or join GSSF and use the pistol purchase program!

Derek

12. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan

They are very hard to find... i think that's why they jacked the prices up around here... only 1 out of 5 stores i have called in Louisville has them in stock there is another store that has the g30 for 560 before tax... is the g30sf worth the extra?

13. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The G30SF (Short Frame) differs slightly from the G30 standard frame in that the trigger reach distance of the G30SF grip is shorter by 3mm from backstrap to trigger. Many find the feel of the two grips remarkably different and others can't tell much difference. It's something that only you can decide after holding both in your hand.

When the Gen 4 G30 is available (release date unknown), the Gen 4 frame, without a backstrap add-on, is expected to be the same dimensions as the G30SF. The Gen 4 frame will have a different grip texture and a larger mag release button that is reversible for left hand shooters.

There are no differences in the slide or barrel of the two current variants of the G30. Both perform equally well (superbly) in accuracy and recoil characteristics.

14. Flipz

Flipz

The difference between the G30 and G30SF is all in the grip. Personally I like my G21SF much better then any regular G21 Ive held. The same is true for the G30SF's Ive held in comparison to the regular G30's Ive held. The "SF" is shorter front to back, not side to side. It feels more natural to me then the standard versions. To me, the SF's are much more comfortable in the hand which translates to a more natural point.

15. ATL_GLOCK

ATL_GLOCK

I loved shooting my g30....great gun! become a gssf member and get it from Ed's Public safety....you'll save some much needed coin

16. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan

I got it... LOVE it cant wait to shoot it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congrats, and welcome to GT.

18. Derek02100

Derek02100

Congrats dude! Get some good hollow points to carry!

19. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Well...that didn't take long. Congrats, she's a thing of beauty! I predict many days of shooting enjoyment in your future with the G30SF 45ACP pistol. :embarassed:

20. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan

yeah i love living in a state where you can be in and out within 20 minutes..was talking to the guy at the shop he was saying obama has driven gun sales up a ton... he also said the G30's are hard to keep in stock.. the envelope with my test fire rounds are from 2/1/2011 if that tells you how fresh my gun is.
    [​IMG]