close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking into Fusion,.......

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by faawrenchbndr, Mar 11, 2011.

1. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    How is Fusion doing these days? I seem to hear very little about them here.
    I've been thinking of having a "commander" built by Fusion.

Anyone have the 411 of Fusion these days?

2. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    I don't hear much anymore either. Honestly, the stories and photos that I've seen out of them in the past 18 months, is enough to scare me away.

3. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Sure just ask Hail Caesar.. I am sure he can fill you in on anything you need to know.. :innocent:

4. Have them build you a gun and then they'll throw in a few extra stuff that you didn't really ask for...it'll be like a nice 1911 grab bag.

Let just say that I can blend a GS better than some of the "custom" Fusion builds. And I've only stayed at a Holiday Inn...

5. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Yes I know all about that. I posted a few of my "opinions" in the Fusion page at TOS, and got banned for life plus one year.

Just looking to see if they straightened up their act.
    Maybe I'll just get back in line for Bob Miller with a Colt Commander.

6. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  7. Sarge43

Sarge43

Aug 22, 2010
    Kansas
    Okay, I'll try to give as objective an opinion as I can.
    I own two Fusions. One bobtail commander which I received a little over two years ago, and a Fusion CCO which I received about a year ago.
    The bobtail is dang near perfect. It outshoots my abilities with it, it has excellent fit and finish (ionbond) and has been a joy to own. I thought so much of it that I placed the order for my CCO. What higher opinion can you have of a builder than to come back and order another?
    The CCO was ordered at a time of heavy growth for Fusion as word was getting out and more people were ordering from them than ever.
    Long story short, when my CCO arrived, there were a couple of things missing from it that were on my build sheet, and a couple of things on the pistol that weren't on the build sheet. It's as if no one even bothered to check the build against the order before shipping it to me. I like everything about the pistol, so I'm okay with it, but not everyone would be. I was a little "miffed" at first, but after shooting the pistol, I decided to let it go as I liked the setup that arrived.
    On both builds, I noticed that the quote build times were totally inaccurate. I was months longer on both pistols. I wish they would have simply told me up front that it was going to take almost a year to build it. I vastly prefer that than being told "it's almost done" time after time after time for months.
    Bob is a nice guy - I don't think even those that are downright angry at Fusion can deny that. He always answered the phone and talked to me, even if the information he gave wasn't 100% accurate. He also offered to take back the CCO on Fusions dime and get everything that was "wrong" right for me. I'm the one that turned that down - I liked it the way it was, and I didn't want to wait a few more months to get it back.
    It's just my opinion, but I think Fusion grew too quickly and just couldn't keep up. In their attempt to do so, things started slipping in the quality control department as evidenced by my CCO not matching the build sheet.
    I'm thrilled with my first Fusion, and "okay" with my second, but I will not be ordering a third based on my experience. At least not until the current issues are corrected.
    That's as honest as I can be. Good luck in your decision!
    Sarge

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  8. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Asking whether or not you should buy a fusion instead of waiting for a Miller custom is like wondering if you should pick up a Kia with ground effects or a Dinan BMW. One a pretender, there other is a true custom.

9. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Great post, Ryan. :thumbsup:

10. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    MD357,........why do you seem to always make the most sense?

Keeping my fingers crossed, I should get the Miller Springer GI next week. :supergrin:

11. 98_1LE

98_1LE

Oct 17, 2005
    I am very happy with my Fusion, but it is a very early build. I had high hopes for them, but the stories prevented me from having them build an aluminum frame CCO.

12. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I like my early Fusion build, but wouldn't pay today's prices.

They aren't that.

13. abraves

abraves

Mar 20, 2001
    NC
    I sent in a frame, slide and barrel for them to fit for me and they did a very good job. They shipped it back along with all the parts I ordered and then had to ship the parts they overlooked. As stated Bob is very nice and willing to make it right. I don't know if I would have them do a complete build since I have not seen anything they have done but heard stories. This gun is costing my buddy a little more than if he would have had Fusion build it but it will be quicker and I know what it will look like. I'm not a pistol smith nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn but I do have good eye sight. I know what it is suppose to look like. One thing I don't like about the Fusion "bobtail" is that it is their own and not Ed Browns. You have to use their MSH which doesn't fit flush with the back of the frame. I will have to do some blending on the edges.

This is my experience with them so far.

abraves

14. abraves

abraves

Mar 20, 2001
    NC
    bac,

What would be the best money spent on a semi/custom 1911? In other words who.

abraves

15. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :agree:

16. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Les Baer gives you good value for the dollar, in my opinion.

RRA was fantastic in that respect, but aren't built anymore.

17. airflyer

airflyer

Feb 3, 2007
    IOWA
    RRA was fantastic in that respect, but aren't built anymore.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to my gun dealer which is a large Rock river dealer and he is now taking orders for them
    He is saying they are gearing up to offer all models ,and they are looking to wards putting them back in catalog they are in process of building up parts mostly getting frames with out rails . The prices went up , and is quoting 3 month wait
    Looking forward to see one when he gets one in he has two ordered would like to compare them to my limited match (older build) to see if quality stayed the same.plus with higher prices i don't believe the value is the same as before though

18. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog

Oct 28, 2009
    I have 2 and they are perfect. I have another that im getting ready to order. I have nighthawks, a wilson, STI's and Dan Wessons. Fusion has been the best 1 on 1 with me and given me the most freedom to do what i want to the gun with STI a close second.

[​IMG]