close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking into buying......

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by KARTMAN90, Oct 24, 2011.

1. KARTMAN90

KARTMAN90

Mar 18, 2011
    Yuma, AZ
    Might possibly buy an AR15. Looking around and there are so many brands and things I dont understand. Just browsing for now and looking to be pointed in the right direction to do research on my own.

2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    What is its primary purpose? How much do you want to spend? Do you want a Piston, or Direct Impingment AR?

Look into Palmetto State Armory- I just got one of their uppers, and it was great!

Check out their Patrol Carbine, complete with an Aimpoint PRO-

http://palmettostatearmory.com/2557.php

$1000 isn't bad at all for what you get.......

3. KARTMAN90

KARTMAN90

Mar 18, 2011
    Yuma, AZ
    LOL my point exactly, whats the difference between piston and direct inpingment? I want something similiar to the M16A4 since thats what I shoot at work (USMC). That rifle you linked is B@dass. I like it. Want something like that. maybe a 20 inch barrel tho

4. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
  5. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    For what you sound like you are wanting take a look at BCM

6. KARTMAN90

KARTMAN90

Mar 18, 2011
    Yuma, AZ
    IS BCM a proven Rifle/company? They have the exact rifle I want, might have to guy it in pieces though. lower, then upper and then hand guards and so on. How accurate is it?

7. DieselNut

DieselNut

May 21, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    No not at all.:rofl: They're g2g

8. Peace Frog

Peace Frog ...............

Jan 24, 2007
    Texas
    Yes BCM is good to go as well as PSA and many others.Make sure you get the twist rate you want for the ammo you shoot.
    If you have deep pockets look into LaRue,they make some of the best but are a little pricey.

9. badlands99

badlands99

Mar 19, 2009
    How would one go about making this decision?
    (I'm in the pre-purchase, info-gathering phase of my first AR build)

10. Definately look at PSA. I almost bought their Patrol rifle package with the Aimpoint PRO, but I am looking for a midlength. So to build my midlength and still get the PRO, but with magpul furniture, I am looking at about the same price if I build it myself.

I asked them if they would offer the package in a midlength version, but got no response.