close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

looking for used xs big dots

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by bossmannjb78, Nov 28, 2012.

1. bossmannjb78

bossmannjb78

May 30, 2009
    Mainly looking for the front sight, but may be interested in a set the cheaper the better, not sure I'm gonna like them. Thanks

2. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    Just take your rear sight off and shoot it like that.

That'll give you a very similar sight picture to Big Dots.

3. scattershot

scattershot

Nov 15, 2010
    Denver, CO
    You could try something like this with your plastic Glock sights. A few minutes with a 1/4" file, and you're set. And, it's free.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. bossmannjb78

bossmannjb78

May 30, 2009
    I have the rejoicing u wrap rear sight and it had a huge gap...thinking it will work well with the xs front

5. dartlvr

dartlvr

Nov 28, 2011
    MN
  6. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    I have a 12 year old set of Big Dots, from when they were AO.

Ended up swapping to a 10-8 front and rear, which is just as fast, and more precise.

After 12 years it's taking a little getting used to but not much.

7. C J

C J

Aug 12, 2011
    I have a used set for a G23. Not the Big Dot front though. The standard front. I did like them for a time. Since upgraded to Ameriglo I-dot. I love the orange front sight. Draws your eye to it. Real fast. You have to check Lone Wolf to see what sight set fits your paticular gun. I don't think you can just put on whatever. I mean I guess you could, but they show the different height sizes. If u have a G23 and are interested, let me know by reply.