Looking for tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by WiCK3D_SiX, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Ever since I can remember, I've been left eye dominant. I managed to train myself to scope with both eyes open using my right eye. I just can't seem to pull it off with open sights, which creates a problem because my left eye has astigmatism. On top of this, I simply can't seem to help but blink every time the gun goes off. I wasn't brought up using safety glasses, and I'm sure having rust drilled from my eyes didn't help this situation. Any insight to help correct these issues would be fantastic.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Looking for any advice or tips when sending a Glock in for warranty service General Glocking Sep 25, 2014
    Looking for tips on stowing firearms when coming and going from home Tactics and Training Aug 23, 2013
    Looking for WW Silvertips The 10 Ring Mar 21, 2011
    DIY Reblueing: I'm told it's not hard but looking for tips. Gunsmithing Dec 29, 2010
    Looking for Glock 21 Mags General Glocking Sep 23, 2015

3. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

I too and right handed and left eye dominant. I struggled with it mightily in the military and despite the best efforts of Navy and Marine Corps instructors never made much progress. After I got out of the service and got into guns I decided not to beat myself up about it. If I need to close one eye and shoot long guns off my left shoulder then I'm just gonna roll with it. somebody don't like it that's their problem.

I rolled like that for several decades and then one day I decided to give it another try. I have been working on it for about 5 years now and I am making progress. As far as the answer to your question on tips and tricks I guess I don't really have any. But I find that if you make the determination, be patient, and stay with it you can do better.

You may never get to the point that it feels natural or second nature. I haven't yet. But I'm doing a lot better and I expect to continue to get even better. Hang in there and stay with it. I believe you can do it. Good Luck!!

4. Yeah I know switching eyes will be challenging for sure. Now I just need to figure out what Im doing to shoot low/left. I changed my grip, trigger pull, stance and all today. Still low. Even moved in closer lol.