close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for rail mounted light for G23

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by flw, Jan 22, 2013.

1. flw

flw
    Expand Collapse

This is my house gun and every house gun needs a light.

Streamlight seems to make a good light but don't want to start a light collection either.

I'm looking for at least 100 or more lumens, quick release from rail, Uses standard battery, finger tip on/off/strobe.

Any have any input on if strobes are effective for momentary disorientation ?

So other than a TLR-1 or TLR-3 (Streamlight) what are some other choices with similar or better prices but more reliable?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 flw, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. 4Rules

4Rules
    Expand Collapse

Surefire's X300 is pretty popular.

I prefer it over the Streamlight TLR, mostly because of the (subjectively better) mounting and the (subjectively better) controls.

3. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't call the Streamlight lock system a true quick release, as you still have to turn a relieved nut.

The Surefire X300 (Ultra), Insight WX 150, Insight MX3led have true QD locks with two tabs you push down to remove. Strobe is not really important on a weaponlight as it is a target shoot/no-shoot identification tool (the strobe affects your ability to identify the target), not a flashlight (illumination tool). You may also want to look into the new Inforce pistol light.

4. N.Texas G23

N.Texas G23
    Expand Collapse

Just a heads up...some of the .40 cal glocks do not function well with a light attached to the rail. My gen3 G23 had severe FTF issues when I put the light on. I called Glock Inc. about it, and they told my to change out the magazine springs to a 12 coil spring to correct the problem. Since I did that, I haven't had any issues. I have heard the gen4 guns don't have the same problem...FWIW.

5. bakon

bakon
    Expand Collapse

My gen 3 G23 will FTF every magazine with TLR-2s. No problems without light.

6. itsnitro

itsnitro
    Expand Collapse
    Got Sig?

Put roughly 200-300 rounds through my g23 with ftf.. only problem I had was the strobe stopped working. Spoke with streamlight, sent to them and they fixed it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP
    Expand Collapse
    Inactive/Banned

If it is going to be used indoors I don't recommend much more than 100 lumens.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.