close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking for P226 experts

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by Sendarr, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Sendarr

Sendarr

May 12, 2004
    Tampa,Florida
    I'm thinking of upgrading my P228 to a P226. Some reasons being, higher cap mags, longer sight radius, longer barrel, etc. I'd also like a SRT. At the moment i'm looking into the P226 tac ops, and the P226 combat or combat TB. Both used. LGS has the tacops used.

I dont think the combat model has the SRT but im sure I can add that. Also I'm on the fence as far as the beavertail.

Thanks for any input!

2. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    Sendarr,

What purpose do you have in mind for your pistol? CCW? Target? Competition?

The 226 is a large, heavy pistol with sharp edges that is more difficult than necessary to CCW. If CCW isn't what you're looking for, then that won't be a concern.

3. Sendarr

Sendarr

May 12, 2004
    Tampa,Florida
    Not really CCW, I carry a Kahr cm9 for that. I dont think ill ever wear a thick enough coat in Florida to conceal a p226 lol

It's for HD, SHTF, plinking.

4. Mr.Reignman

Mr.Reignman

Mar 26, 2011
    I use to conceal a p229 all day long..... Im 5"11, 165 lbs and wear t-shirts that could be considered purchased from Baby gap. The right holster in the right spot works miracles.