close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for hunter safety class in WI

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by golls17, Jul 10, 2009.

1. golls17

golls17
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Newbie

I live in Waukesha. I'm marrying into a hunting family, and I want to be ready for the deer rifle season this upcoming fall so I can go with. This is very exciting for me since I will not only add to the things in common with my future in-laws, but I have wanted to get into hunting for years (I come from a non-hunting family) but never really had the best reasoning until now.

Thanks.

-Golls

ETA: I found an online class with an all-day field session. Are these things any good? All I need to bring is my online quiz results and a 12 or 20ga shotgun.

#1 golls17, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

I don't know a thing about WI Hunter Safety classes. Here in VA they are a couple day class, you take the test in class and shooting is optional.

But just want to add some friendly advice on the in-laws.

Hunting with them may be fun, but now you can't make their little girl unhappy. Hunting accidents happen all to easily. :)

3. sourdough44

sourdough44
    Expand Collapse

Link through the WI DNR web site for hunter safety classes. They are listed under your county. I did it last Summer with the son. The 'on-line' classes are hard to get & many like it when young 'students' take the classroom session, that's from my research.