close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking for hunter safety class in WI

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by golls17, Jul 10, 2009.

1. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Feb 3, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I live in Waukesha. I'm marrying into a hunting family, and I want to be ready for the deer rifle season this upcoming fall so I can go with. This is very exciting for me since I will not only add to the things in common with my future in-laws, but I have wanted to get into hunting for years (I come from a non-hunting family) but never really had the best reasoning until now.

Thanks.

-Golls

ETA: I found an online class with an all-day field session. Are these things any good? All I need to bring is my online quiz results and a 12 or 20ga shotgun.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. I don't know a thing about WI Hunter Safety classes. Here in VA they are a couple day class, you take the test in class and shooting is optional.

But just want to add some friendly advice on the in-laws.

Hunting with them may be fun, but now you can't make their little girl unhappy. Hunting accidents happen all to easily. :)

3. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    Link through the WI DNR web site for hunter safety classes. They are listed under your county. I did it last Summer with the son. The 'on-line' classes are hard to get & many like it when young 'students' take the classroom session, that's from my research.