close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking for Glock Gunsmith in central IL?

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by James9109, Nov 23, 2009.

1. James9109

James9109 Glock Fanatic

Sep 10, 2009
    Fairbury
    Looking for a Glock gunsmith to put on my new Ameriglo sights, any recommendations?

2. mrraley

mrraley CLM

Nov 3, 2007
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Inquiring mind want to know...

Did you get what ever you needed done?

3. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Aug 30, 2004
    Illinois
    Where you at? Letz's in Springfield would do it, I'm sure. Never had work done by him, but I've bought a few things from him and I used to coyote hunt with him. He's a pretty good guy.

http://www.letzhuntandsport.com/index.php

4. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    Send me a PM. I'm a certified Glock Armorer, and could put them on for you in about 5 minutes. I have all the tools needed for the job and do it for my dept. regularly.

5. pm666

pm666

Feb 28, 2009
    MakeMineA10mm******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_14547905", true); </SCRIPT> ,

I was wondering, how do you swap out the rear sights without losing the alignment?
    Do they still have to be sighted in?

Thanks,
    paul

6. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    I've changed perhaps two dozen sight sets, including all of our dept.'s Glocks. In all of those changes, I've only had to "adjust" one rear sight.

IMO, the vast majority of recent-vintage Glocks (past the mid-90s, say), are so well machined that they're dead nuts on, just by centering the new rear sight in the center of the slide. I do it by eyeball, and like I said, there has been a whopping ONE that I needed to adjust.