close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

looking for feedback on CMMG .22 LR Conversion kit

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Cobra6, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Cobra6

Cobra6

Jan 20, 2009
    Tennessee Valley
    I am looking for feedback on the CMMG .22 LR Conversion kit

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=81

seems like a simple plug-and-play - has anyone used this particular conversion?

With the cost of ammo, this seems like a way to get in some practice without spending a fortune.

2. thisaway

thisaway Moderator

Jan 11, 2000
    Soddy Daisy, Tenn.
    I have a Spike's tactical kit, which is essentially the same, and it is a real hoot to shoot! My brother and my dad both have CMMG kits, and they also work just fine.

Look at www.cdnninvestments.com/ ...I believe they have a sale on the stainless-steel CMMG kits right now.

Added: the kits are listed under "Specials".

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010

3. Krigloch

Krigloch BACONEER

Mar 18, 2007
    Springfield, IL
  4. Narc1911

Narc1911 Anchora Salutis

Jun 8, 2007
    Washington
    I have the stainless one I got from CDNN. I have 3,000 or so through it with no real problems. I think I have have 3-5 rounds that did not fire, but I blame bulk pack .22 ammo, not light strikes.

5. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    It'll make noise; but how well will your barrel stabilize a 32gr projectile?

Not very well in the case of my 1:9 twist. I posted earlier asking others how it worked for them. 3"+ groups at 25yrds doesn't give me practice with a sight picture.

It's more money, but I'm going with a proper 22lr upper.

6. Cobra6

Cobra6

Jan 20, 2009
    Tennessee Valley
    I see these really cheap - but not in stainless - Is it worth a lot more to get the stainless, or is it just easier to clean?

Are these easy to find used?

7. OUSooner

OUSooner

Jan 22, 2004
    Oklahoma
    I prefer the black over the stainless. I have both a chrome Spikes conversion as well as a black Cmmg. I only use Ferderal ammo in both but the Cmmg is not near as finicky as the Spikes.

8. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    Has anyone tried the 60 grain subsonic ammo in an AR with a conversion kit? Seems that 1:9 is the recommended twist rate for that ammo, at least EA Brown makes a special 1:9 barrel for it.

9. jobob

jobob

Apr 1, 2005
    Lewiston, Idaho
    I have one, and no, it isn't the most accurate 22 around, but for cheap practice it ain't bad. The groups are more like 1 1/2" at 25, not 3"+. Of bigger concern to me is that the poi is different, and if you want to hit a smallish target you have to allow for that. But for 'hosing' practice they're great! Mine is very reliable so far with CCI Mini Mags.

10. dday27

dday27

May 15, 2007
    Okc
    I just bought the Stainless CMMG one from CDNN's new flyer for 189.95 and they throw in a free 25rnd mag to boot!