close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking for detachable scope mount for Romanian AK

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by hogship, Nov 15, 2012.

1. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Can someone point me towards a supplier who has detachable Weaver type scope mounts for a Romanian AK?

One that would allow use of iron sights would be preferable.

Thanx

ooc

2. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

Jun 3, 2011
    Kentucky
    I don't know if there is one.I ended up buying the UTG sidemount quick release mount.I figure if my optic fails,I'll just take it off.

3. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Where can I see one of those?

ooc

4. I also have one of those but I certainly wouldnt consider it quick release considering i had to beat it on with a hammer! LOL! I got mine from amazon for around $25 IIRC. Nice scope mount though. Sturdy and well made.

5. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I cant stand those super high mounted rails. I like the red dot mount I saw a while back on a Sturmgewehere review video.

6. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    The UTG is garbage. Before I knew better I tried one out. The thing wouldn't lock down properly and I got a nose bleed any time I looked through the optic.

Look into a RSregulate mount.

7. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    This one:

http://www.rsregulate.com/

8. adamg01

adamg01

Jul 10, 2007
    va
    What are you planning to mount on it? I am leaning towards the RS mount. They seem to be really high quality but you can't mount the Bushnell red dot on it.

9. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I have a Bushnell Trophy red dot scope that I'd like to mount up. I just ordered a steel ZDS scope mount. Irons can't be used with this one, and it'll have to be removed to clean rifle.....but, it was all steel, and cheap. $40 delivered.

thanks

ooc

[​IMG]

10. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

Jun 3, 2011
    Kentucky
    Mine works fine.

11. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    The Bushnell HoloSight is now known as the EOtech.

Any other full size RDS besides Aimpoint or EOtech- forget it.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Does it co-witness and return to zero?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

13. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

The ZDS mount arrived today, and it appears to be good quality.

Nick......Perhaps you tried to get the adjustment too tight. The mount is adjusted one notch at a time, until you can't get it on pushing with your hands......then back off one notch and lock it in. That's the way it's designed to work.

mjkeat......This depends on what you call "return to zero". Any quick detachable mount isn't going to give exact repeatable accuracy you would expect from a solid mount, but if you can hit a 6" circle at 100yds, remove and remount the scope, and still hit in a 6" circle......that's good enough. The AK just isn't a "bench rest" kind of rifle, so if that's the kind of accuracy expected, something else would be better for that purpose......

I learned these things from mounting a similar quick detachable mount about 10yrs ago.........

I do have one question for anyone who'd care to answer.......This Bushnell Trophy red dot scope has a green dot option. Under what conditions, or circumstances is the intended purpose of the green dot?

Thanks

ooc

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012