close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking for a hunting pack like this one

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by oneofthose, Dec 31, 2012.

1. oneofthose

oneofthose

May 16, 2007
  2. Jonesee

Jonesee

Apr 16, 2009

3. oneofthose

oneofthose

May 16, 2007
    Thanks for the info, the one from cabelas was actually on my list of alternates.

I really want one with a frame like the one I have. I'm hoping whoever makes it for Uncle Sam also makes it for the civilian world in different camo patterns. The Zippers are quiet, and super heavy duty. It holds everything I need for hunting, and capable of packing out lots of meat.

4. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

eberlestock is a great pack, you will not be disappointed.

Badlands also makes a great pack, the 2200 has an internal frame like that, you may like it.

5. Mountain10mm

Mountain10mm

Dec 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Eberlestock makes very high quality packs, but they are HEAVY. I have one that unzips to hold an elk quarter and the thing weighs about 8 pounds - empty. Add a 10 pound rifle and I have 18 pounds of empty pack and rifle on my back - no water, extra ammo, survival gear, food, extra clothes, etc. With minimal gear, it's hard to have a pack under 30 pounds...and being at 10,000 plus feet, every pound counts. Despite the high quality, I will be looking at other alternatives for this year's hiking and hunting season.