looking for a decent holster for open carry

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by RMTactical, Feb 8, 2011.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net
    CLM

If you know of a decent holster for the money I would love to hear about it. Looking for something for owb carry with my full size milspec. Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I really like the looks of the Milt Sparks Axiom holster, and I have two of them on order.

3. Kydex or leather?

4. If your into polymer/plastic holsters then I highly recommend the Blackhawk Serpa Series.

5. RMTactical

CLM

I prefer leather.

6. Galco Concealable and Combat Master are both great holsters for the money and you don't have to wait half a year to get them.

7. x2

I just got one for my Glock 21 for OWB concealed carry under a jacket and it works wonderfully.

8. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

[​IMG]

9. RMTactical

CLM

What is it?

10. Garrett Industries and Tucker Gunleather have some half way affordable options and only about a 2-3 week build tiime. High quality stuff!

11. That's actually a Kramer Vertical Scabbard, I would reccoment a Kramer Belt Scabbard in horsehide. The boning isn't as pretty as some other's, but it wears great and will last a lifetime or two.

12. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

Milt Sparks 55-BN cordovan with shark trim.

13. squish

squish i am zardoz

Proud of the timex

14. Don Hume H721T for 1911 government!
    Bought mine for less than $50

15. My favorite 1911 holster was from the late Lou Alessi. It was for a Kimber Ultra-Elite model and was curved to fit very close to the hip. I believe his family still continues the business and the model, although I don't remember what it was called exactly.:wavey:

16. Although I don't have one for a 1911, I have a couple, one for G21/20, and another for 357 magnum revolver, and for the money, don't think they can be beat.

17. USAFE7

USAFE7 Retired USAF-SP

For open carry I suggest the Blackhawk Serpa due to the locking device. It's added security that no one will just snatch your weapon.