Looking for a deal vs being insulting

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by jjcool, Nov 30, 2010.

1. I'm going to pick up a P2000SK 9mm this week from a local gun shop. They always have them in stock and there list price is $790. This is for the DA/SA model and not the LEM trigger. When I first started looking at these they were $811 at buds gun shop (and never in stock) and now they're $852 for some reason plus $25 to transfer it.
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/15355
    Even used on here they're going for $600-$800. So this is already a good deal. I'm going to pay cash either way and I know cash talks and you can get a deal almost anywhere when you start waving cash around. How much should I try to get him to come off the price, if any at all.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anybody looking for a screaming deal on a Leupold VX-R scope? Sights, Optics and Lasers Feb 20, 2015
    Looking for current good deals on law enforcement trade ins on G17's /G19s General Glocking May 28, 2014
    Looking to buy several at once... nego with dealer? General Glocking May 2, 2014
    Looking for Berkey dealer. Suggestions? Survival/Preparedness Forum May 27, 2013
    Looking for a new bulk ammo dealer Caliber Corner Dec 29, 2012

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

790 is a good price.
    I'd buy it.

I've never been the kind who demands a good "deal"
    before he can make a purchase.

I want it, I see it, I buy it.
    Price has always been incidental.

4. Yeah, that's a pretty good price new, ballpark anyway. Of course you have to factor in local sales taxes too. I have a deal in the pipeline, since I don't have the gun yet I hate to talk. It's an H&K with less than 100 rounds at a fair savings over retail. Of course one has to factor in transfer,shipping & all. I don't have a problem with a few rounds through the gun if all else checks out.

I try not to low ball to much, especially if the deal is reasonable. I had a guy a while back say not only was my offer to low, he was going to block my e-mail. I guess I peeved him off some. I just check prices & see what things are SELLING for. I may factor in the benefits of an easy FTF cash sale. I think it can be easier to get a few freebies thrown in than getting the price down a bunch. When selling you have to be ready for some lowball offers. That reminds me of a garage sale I had ONCE.

#3 sourdough44, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  5. I thought about that as well. I'm in the market for weapon light for my HD gun, but he only carries Surefire and ITAC and I don't want either of those. I guess I could try to shoot for some ammo?

6. That's a damn good price for a NIB P2000SK. The dealer is almost at his cost on that pistol, so I wouldn't try to low ball at that price. Get it.

7. yeah, plus I really like this gun store, so I don't mind supporting him if I'm not paying the absolute lowest price. I'm going to pick up the gun tonight. Maybe I'll just ask if he offers a cash discount and leave it at that.

8. Good price

9. Well, I went ahead and got it for the $799. Out the door it was $862. I did ask about the cash discount. She kindly said no and we proceeded on. I complicated the matter by getting there 10 minutes before closing. I didn't feel like I had much time for negotiating.

However, I'm super pleased with the gun. I love the size of it and it feels so good in my hand. I can't wait to go shoot it. I do want to get some flat floorplates for the magazines, but can't seem to find them anywhere. If anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Here is the required picture after a new gun purchase. Since I didn't take the time to photoshop the serial number I just covered it up with the key.
    [​IMG]

10. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Congrats.

Here's where I get my flat magazine basplates. At $7ea. and $3 for shipping, $25 gets three baseplates shipped to your door. I have ordered from them twice now, got three for my USPc and three for my SK. :)

http://www.robertrtg.com/uspcflatplates.html

11. thanks for the link. I just ordered two for the two magazines that came with the gun. $18 including shipping.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Also, you can Dremel off that lip on the factory magazines floorplate.

It make a big difference. I got flat floorplates for all my mags, but the
    one I Dremeled the lip off of is my favorite.

13. +1 :thumbsup:

Have ordered a few times. Flat baseplates for my USPc and now my P2000.

14. little too late here but i paid 500 for my like new in box p2000sk in 9mm V3, with AI date code. I lucked out and others were asleep on gunbroker. only thing it did not have was the extra mag and back strap, I've got a usp compact 9 and purchased some x-grips to cover up the part that is exposed. Point is if you are willing to wait and look you can find a smokin deal.

15. Exactly! Value is king!

No matter how old the post is. :)

#14 ku4hx, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011