Looking for a day pack that can carry an accesable pistol.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by jim goose, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

I do alot of hiking in the back country. Carrying a full size pistol even owb can be a pain, especially if you want it concealed 100%.

I know maxpedition makes those smaller packs, but ive only seen shoulder rigs. Who makes a full day pack with a compartment on the bottom where you can still reach for it easily? I might hack one together myself.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have one of those maxpedition shoulder rigs and I love it, if there is a better idea I'm interested too. A camel back with pouches would be nice IMO, you could carry your water for the hike and a full sized pistol easily.

3. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Maxpedition Versipacks. Come in all sizes.

4. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

That camel back demon is right on the money.

5. 5.11 has some pretty nice stuff too

6. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

[​IMG]

This looks pretty cool. Hip pouches. About as good as it gets.

7. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

No they dont

8. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

A friend of mine picked up one of these. It doesn't look tacticool. He wears it while riding his motorcycle.

You wear it across your chest and he carries his full size HK in it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kelty-KT-25-439-Tactical-Sling/dp/B004CK8ZAQ"]Amazon.com: Kelty Tactical Sling: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JAetgRVeL.@@AMEPARAM@@41JAetgRVeL[/ame]

9. I think the best way is to find a pouch that can ride on the waist belt and hold your handgun.

10. We camp some and I ride so this would work just right. I'm gonna have to get one. Price is right too.

11. have you looked at the conceal carry vest, many are out there

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Use an OWB and a light jacket to cover it. Cheap solution!

13. I'm a bit of a backpack whore- I probably have a dozen or so backpacks and for the most part they all serve a different purpose or specialized needs. I have the Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger that I use when the situation requires my sidearm to be carried off my person. I find it necessary to use a single strap across the body as opposed to traditional dual backpack straps when my pack is toting my gun; it allows you to quickly access your weapon from the semi-hidden zippered compartment at the rear(the portion closest to the body) where your firearm is secured via hook and loop(Velcro) holster, keeping it in the same predictable place at all times. I think it even came with directions on how to properly sling the pack around to the front for instant access to your gun. Aside from the hidden firearm feature, it's an awesome pack on its own with all the bells and whistles you would ever want. Check the Maxpedition website, you'll surely find something to fit your taste and needs