close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for a Carbine? Best M4 Deal in Town...

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by TedG, Oct 30, 2011.

1. TedG

TedG
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel USA

A complete PSA carbine.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/8923.php

Palmetto State Armory 16" M4A1 Carbine

Finally, a complete Palmetto State Armory rifle ready to go for one low price. Our M4A1 Standard Carbine starts with one of our Chrome-lined CMV barrels in the versatile M4A1 profile, mated to our forged aluminum upper, and finished off with standard handguards and A2 Flash hider. The forged lower is built with our 6 position Mil-spec size buffer tube and stock, Standard PSA lower parts kit with A2-style grip and aluminum trigger guard. It comes with one 30 Round D&H PSA Magazine (where allowed by law) so all you have to provide is the ammo to start having fun.

Barrel: 16", 4150 Steel, M4A1 profile, 5.56 NATO chamber with a 1:7 right-hand twist , chrome-lined, High pressure Tested and magnetic Particle Inspected, carbine-length gas port, and M4 feedramps. Barrels are finished off with a taper pinned, f-marked, front sight post with sling swivel, standard handguards, an A2 flash hider, and are phosphate coated to Mil-specs.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA, and are marked with the Palmetto State Armory logo on the left side, up front, just below the rail.

Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec Carpenter 158 steel, Shot peened, MPI and HPT. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside, chrome lined inside, and laser engraved with the Palmetto State Armory logo.

Lower: These forged lowers are quality made using material is 7075-T6 and are marked "MULTI" for caliber. Finish is Black Hardcoat Anodize per MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2. Mil-spec-sized buffer tube has 6 adjustment positions, is finished with a Palmetto State Armory M4-style stock and has a staked castle nut. Standard carbine buffer is Black anodized and has the PSA logo on the face. The standard PSA combat trigger has a smooth pull and clean break.

Each rifle is assembled with care to order. Please allow up to 10 working days for your order to ship.

$599.99

Shipping $15

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 TedG, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Clint-M

Clint-M
    Expand Collapse

Wow, Palmetto has got to be putting a huge dent on a lot of companies sales. They're putting out a lot of really nice, basic deals right now.

CM

3. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

Way to go Palmetto, another great buy. How do the BCM guys possibly talk themselves into the long waits and more money? With PSA's 4150 line and the 20" FN uppers people cannot possibly argue better quality. Palmetto state armory rocks.

#3 bmoore, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  4. stopatrain

stopatrain
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Great deal wish I needed another.

5. Clint-M

Clint-M
    Expand Collapse

I think what a lot of people prefer from BCM is that they can get their preferred handguards, complete rifle, etc. all put together at a good price while Pamletto I think only has Magpul, Midwest, DD, and Troy.

Of course, this is coming from someone who wouldn't wait for a BCM.

CM

6. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

With those features and at that price point.... no one can compete with a deal like that. Not that I know of anyway? I'd buy it.

My only complaint would be that its a carbine and not a mid-length.

#6 mixflip, Oct 31, 2011
  7. TedG

TedG
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel USA

I was wondering the same thing.

Since PSA states that each carbine is made-to-order, and their different uppers are similarly priced, I'll bet you could substitute a middy for a nominal price.

A phone call could answer that question.

8. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded
    Expand Collapse

This. And if they start offering pencil barrels, I am screwed.

9. Eurodriver

Eurodriver
    Expand Collapse

Look, I can appreciate that they are a growing company putting out products that meet the military specifications and that every company has mistakes...but they are by no means a proven brand yet. If Suzuki was putting out an engine that met the exact same specs as a Corvette engine, would you then claim the Suzuki is a better buy?

They might have all the pieces to make a great weapon, but they haven't exactly got assembling them and quality control down pat yet. Until they figure some of the following issues out, I will wait for my Corvette engine.

[​IMG]

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/551333_Wrong_gas_tube_.html&page=1

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/551367_ordered_complete_upper__gas_tube_does_not_enter_upper.html

[​IMG]

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89578

[​IMG]

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=547728&page=1

10. jwhite75

jwhite75
    Expand Collapse
    Gubmint Worker

That is an absoultely phenomenal deal.

11. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

No doubt about it thats a major slip up.

12. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

Carbine length gas tube on a middy?

#12 mixflip, Oct 31, 2011
  13. Chowser

Chowser
    Expand Collapse

i almost ordered the patrol rifle with optic deal for $999, but ended up just getting a kit because i wanted midlength. i asked two weeks ago if they were going to offer it in midlength version and got no answer, i called to order and they said they didnt plan on it yet, so i just ordered my kit. will decide on what optic i want later.

i am hoping mine gets here at the end of the week.

14. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

I have seen Colts with the feed ramp problem someone put the wrong extension on that barrel.

15. Eurodriver

Eurodriver
    Expand Collapse

Colt has produced hundreds of thousands of AR15s.

PSA....Maybe 5000???

16. Kcolg

Kcolg
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I've ordered 6 so far and they have functioned great. All have been kits that I put together though.

The one bad experience with them was the wrong upper being sent once and it took a while to get a hold of someone to get the issue corrected. Reaching a real person has been hit and miss for me on stuff, sometimes I can reach someone on my first or second try and other times it can take a couple of days to reach someone.

17. Singlestack Wonder

Singlestack Wonder
    Expand Collapse

Serious quality problems indeed. I cannot even begin to rationalize why people when they see a company start to offer their own brand of rifles (or uppers) with no proven track record, start a "cult" following justifying the new company's products over top tier providers such as Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, etc. There is a reason the PSA's are lesser in cost and the photo's above prove why. Anyone who thinks PSA's are in the same league as BCM or other top tier manufacturers certainly doesn't have a clue about AR-15s.

18. bchand01

bchand01
    Expand Collapse

I'll wait for the BCM I do not foresee PSA producing half the quality rifle of BCM. Well worth the wait and money in my eyes.

19. punkey71

punkey71
    Expand Collapse

Careful guys...the buyers of PSA (Spikes 2.0) are very defensive of the couple hundred bucks they saved.

Prepare to be labeled a BCM/DD/Colt/Noveske fan-boys, keyboard commando, cubicle commando, etc.

They will also accuse you of not being a serious shooter and one that only buys what others tell them to buy.

Whole lot of butt-hurt in the PSA circle...

But hey, fit and finish are perfect and it's been flawless for 200 rnds!

20. AlexHassin

AlexHassin
    Expand Collapse

At that price I would consider buying a black rifle toy, but I don&#8217;t think they ship hear. Also not shore the 10 round magazines are worth it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>