close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Looking for 9mm Single Stack CCW

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DoubleWide, Jan 20, 2012.

1. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Sep 3, 2008
    I'm looking for 9mm Single Stack CCW pistol. I've got a j-frame, but I'm looking for a thin flat pistol.

A thin flat 9mm pistol with
    1. No manual safety
    2. Big enough to get a decent grip - Kahr PM9 is too small
    3. Prefer no useless things like locks, lci, magazine disconnnects but not necessarily deal breakers.

The usual things like reliability, shootability, recoil, weight, etc are taken for granted.

My main choices so far are Walther PPS, Kahr CW9, and Keltec PF9

2. your first 2 are my choices in the order you have them listed...look at the Sig 239 also

3. RGbiker

RGbiker

Oct 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Beretta Nano. Look for latest build SN. Around $399.

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Another vote for the P239. I love mine and carry it daily. It has been a very reliable gun, and is easy to shoot while still being concealable.

[​IMG]

5. Dawolf

Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Arizona
    Walther PPS. It is what a Glock would be like if they made a singlr stack 9mm.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unOXaB3QoYk"]Walther PPS - YouTube[/ame]

6. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Feb 19, 2006
    Paradise
  7. The Habit

The Habit كافر

Feb 18, 2005
    Virginia
    I'd keep an eye out for the Bersa BP9CC as well.

8. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    I carry a P239 as well.Great gun.However, if the OP wants a slim single stack I would not recommend it as the slide is quite thick.

9. Lampshade

Lampshade

May 11, 2010
    PPS is a great gun, if you're used to shooting a J-frame though you might consider a Kahr since the triggers will be more similar.

10. 1911master

1911master

Apr 26, 2007
    Woodward, OK
    Kahr P or CW9, Beretta Nano, Walther PPS. Own or have owned all four. All great pistols currently carry the NANO. Cant go wrong with any of them IMO.

11. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Jan 8, 2004
    Southern IN
    Kahr K9 or Sig 239.

I would have no reservations about throwing a S&W 3913 into the mix, but he ruled out manual safetys............

12. Caladan

Caladan

Aug 7, 2007
    I would 2nd the PPS if I were spending your money. However, if I were spending my money, I would buy the CW9 (actually bought a PM9). Several friends have them, and they work quite well.

I wouldn't have any qualms about using a PF-9 for defense use if that is all I could spend, but if you have the money, these other suggestions would be much preferred.

Do try the Beretta Nano if you can find one. The grip isn't any longer than the PM's, but it's circumference is longer than the PM's, so it might work for you. It will be smaller than the PPS, PF9 or CW9.

I would also agree w/3rdgen40 about the Sig P239. It is as thick and as heavy as the popular double-stack polymer handguns, while providing less capacity.

13. My primary carry is a Sig 239 SAS DAK in 9mm. It's perfect for what you want.

14. R*E

R*E

May 12, 2008
    I was looking for a slim 9mm and settled on a CW9. I'm very happy with it.

15. Another vote for the Sig P239. I have one in 9mm and love it.