Looking at new carry guns, anyone carry a Sig?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GreenDrake, Jan 16, 2013.

1. I am considering a move from my current daily carry, a Walther PPS .40 cal, to possibly a Sig P220 Carry or even a P226. Yes I know the 226 is a bit bigger for concealment, but I was looking for if any of you currently carry a 226 or 229 concealed, for some input.

The P220 Carry is easily concealable from what I can tell in just handling it and it shoots like a dream. Switching my standard calibers to 9mm and 45 ACP.

Thanks for any help with my decision. Yes I have good belts.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Also considering the Sig SP2022

3. I carry a Sig 229 in .357sig quite a lot, but 220s and 1911s are carried sometimes as well...

4. I carry a P220 Elite Stainless with an attached Viridian X5L a few days per month when I am wearing an over garment. A good gun belt makes the weight doable.

I have a P226 TacOps in 9mm but have never carried it.

I have read a few good reviews of the new P224 in .40 S&W during the last week or so now that they are starting to trickle out into stores. My wife wants to look into the P224 and I am somewhat interested though I do love my edc Glock 27.

5. Heading to Cabelas this morning to see if they have any P224s and compare all of the Sigs side by side. thanks for the input guys.

6. Well, I had them all laid out on the table, once I picked up the P229, it was game over. Half hour later I was walking out the door with my new baby. She rode home on my lap so I could admire her before a good cleaning. What a great gun, so perfect in the hand. I managed to work my Fist holster a bit and got it to accept the gun no problem after asking here how to heat kydex a bit. Man I couldn't be happier. Got the Nitron P229R with Factory Siglite night sights and two 15 round mags for $799. Best deal around here for sure.

7. Congrats GreenDrake. The 229 is great gun. You made a good choice. Have fun and be safe. Now I feel like I "need" to get one! My wife will probably disagree:crying:

8. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

I like my Sigs. I carry a P226 in .40 on duty, a P239 9mm off-duty, and keep a P220 with a weaponlight attached in my nightstand for HD.

Congrats on the P229, its a great gun. Remember to lube those slide rails. I prefer a light coat of grease on the rails to oil. Stays in place, doesn't cook off, and seems to last longer during extended shooting sessions. I use white lithium of Hoppes grease, both are very affordable.

Owning and shooting alot of Sigs I can always spot the guns that were properly lubricated and the ones that weren't by having a glance at the slide rails. I recommend carrying the gun with a light coat of grease to ensure function. Dont be afraid to slather it on before you hit the range.

9. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

P938 and P238 are both in rotation.

Love them

10. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I carry a Sig P220 as my daily carry gun.

11. SpitFyRRe

SpitFyRRe Bang Bang

I have had a Sig P250SC in the past and its a great gun. I just got a Sig P238 that is pretty great so far. 7+1 if you get the extended mag and it has a pinky grip which is nice. My sig other carries a P229 and he loves it.

12. If I had to absolutely rank gun makes from 1 to whatever, Sig would have to be #1. HK close second.

9mm from a 229 feels like a cap gun.

#12 cowboy1964, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  13. Collim, thanks for the grease suggestion I will try it out. I did get it home and properly break everything down, scrub it all and lube it up again, didn't think of the greased rail idea. I know I did spend quite a bit of time with clean patches and oiling/folding to get it into every space I could to ensure proper contact for my first trip out to the range today. I will get it done again and get some love in the rails after the first range session. I can't get over how perfectly it lays in the hand with such balance. Not bad at all in the holster either.

14. I just picked up a NIB Sig P290RS to replace my KelTec PF-9. It is more comfortable to shoot and has a re-strike capability.

15. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out
    CLM

Sig 245. I put the short reach trigger into it because I've got girl paws and got the thing Black-T coated. It's the first carry gun to put my Glocks in the safe.

16. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

This is GLOCK Talk - I carry a G17.

17. Another insightful post from SCmasterblaster to pad his post count. :wavey:

18. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out
    CLM

Where neither the owner of the site nor the person with the highest post count own glocks.

19. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim come get some

Carrying a Sig is a bit too much for me. I carry IWB and find Sigs too thick. Don't get me wrong, I own 5 Sigs. I only carry their 1911 and P220. Those are thing enough to be comfortable.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire