Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Looking at moving to Louisa, VA

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Rec4LMS, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Rec4LMS

Sep 21, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    My sweetie and I are looking at buying a home in Louisa, VA. Does anyone here live out in that area? Can anyone give me anything that I should look for or know about Louisa before buying a house there? For what we can afford, I do not believe that we can buy enough property to have our own private shooting range. However, due to the close proximity of Cavalier, I do not think that would be an issue. I would like to know the areas that have some sort of high speed internet, such as Cable or ISDN. I can not seem to find any information on this online. Thanks!
  2. watsoncb

watsoncb CLM

Dec 31, 2006
    Falls Church
    I use to work near by at the North Anna nuclear power facilities. They are both in the same zip code as Louisa. I have heard discussions that Dominon Power is preparing to build another nuclear reactor at the Louisa site.

It should help keep your plants green in the winter. :outtahere:

3. Slinger646

Slinger646 King of Sling

Sep 5, 2004
    In the Mountains of VA
    Gonna have to move further than that, The Charlottesvillians from 25 years ago are being pushed into Fluvanna, Louisa, etc by the Nova Transferee's. I left Charlottesville for the Valley.

4. Rec4LMS

Sep 21, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Smart aleck! :banana:
  5. Rec4LMS

Sep 21, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Sadly, I have to stay close to my job. I have looked at changing jobs, but my best job opportunity was still a $10,000 pay cut. Louisa at least has some housing that I can afford. We have looked at Goochland, but we can't even come close to affording anything reasonable down there.
  6. Hunterjbb

Feb 7, 2003
    Midlothian Va.
    to say for the average folks there's not much anywhere that's "reasonable"... it's insane..

Specially up north, from what i've seen these days it's "oh 90 mile commute, sure, at least i can afford a house"..

good luck..