close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Look what the mailman delivered

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by wtf jack, Mar 29, 2008.

1. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

TA31RCOM4CP ACOG with a Tenebraex killflash, which I mounted on a Colt. I included photos of the reticle and my back yard to give you guys a sense of what it feels like to look through it.

My son and I are going to have a blast tomorrow. Ubos na naman yung naka-hoard kong 5.56 ammo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

isnt there supposed to be a red dot? btw i like your place. where in the US is that and whats the temp like there?

3. bulm540

bulm540
    Expand Collapse

acogs have chevrons

4. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

meron din donut reticle variants

5. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

Napakarami ng mga versions nitong ACOG, even just the ones for military application. Kaya iba-iba rin mga reticles - may chevron, may donut, may crosses..

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=3

8 degrees C pala ang temperature sa labas, puwede ng ihaw-ihaw.

6. chowchow

chowchow
    Expand Collapse

Pre, sarap pang close range hunting . Congrats.

7. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. Maraming mga mallards at Canadian geese nakatambay doon sa tubig sa likod ng bahay. Nagtitimpi lang ako at mukhang masarap barilin.

8. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

NICE rifle and nice place!!! Puwede ka pumutok sa area ninyo? hindi ba usually meron no hunting in residential areas?

9. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

LOL! Hindi puwede magpaputok sa neighborhood. Medyo mahigpit, may camera sa bawat traffic light at tsaka may mga microphone ng ginagamit pang-triangulate kung saan galing ang gunshots. Isang putok lang, huli kaagad.

On the other hand, madaling kumuha ng concealed carry permit dito. Anybody 21 and over kung walang felony record puwede. 10 days lang ang processing and the permit is good for five years.

Pero kung ayaw mong kumuha ng permit, puwedeng open carry. Ilagay mo lang sa holster yung baril, puwede ka ng pumunta sa grocery. Kailangan lang kita ng lahat yung pistol kung wala kang concealed carry permit.

10. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

Thanks for clearing tha up, wtfj.

11. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

LOL! It is good to be cautious and courteous. That is why if you look closely, the scope is not mounted on any weapon when the reticle picture was taken. It was laid on top of a small table with the camera sitting on a bunch of books. The front sight, although blurred, would also be visible if it was mounted on an AR-15. Let me know if you still feel I need to delete the reticle picture.
    Thanks for the congrats, but what I have is a new ACOG on an old rifle. BTW, what kind of M-14 do you have? It is next on my son's wish list. I am thinking about getting something from Fulton Armory. To the gun grabbers - Molon labe!

12. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

I went to the shooting range this afternoon to zero in the ACOG. All I can say is that it is an awesome scope. It actually cost more than the rifle it is on but it is well worth the money I spent on it. My son had a blast shooting it.

Here is a pic of my son ( the young man with the AK and holstered Sig Sauer .45).

[​IMG]

13. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

I thought so - I remembered when I was in AZ - I felt like shooting the wild doves near the house where I stayed too - hehehehe

sige ingitin mo pa kami - hahahahaha...

14. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

Sure.

Since I have a concealed carry permit, I carry either a Sig Sauer 229 or a Glock 17 everywhere I go (except certain no weapons allowed area). I am also allowed to carry a center fired rifle (AK or AR for me) even in densely populated areas. Since I have a permit, the plates on my vehicles are flagged on police computers as having weapons on board the vehicle, so the police won't get surprised. Believe me that the police in this area are never ever "masungit".

BTW, my house is in the middle of one of the biggest city in this state. Don't let the nice yard fool you into thinking that I live in the woods.

15. Frontsight68

Frontsight68
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Nice setup. Your lucky to be staying in a liberal state.

May I suggest a LaRue mount for your ACOG?

Frontsight

16. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

I would love to have a LaRue quick release mount. This one goes for 125 bucks.

[​IMG]

17. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

How does that compare with Aimpoint Comp M?

18. wtf jack

wtf jack
    Expand Collapse

The ACOG does not use any batteries. It relies on ambient light going through the fiber optic in daylight hours and on tritium when it is dark.

It is also a 4X scope, very important in identifying friend or foe very committing. It also allows for shooting non-armored or portions of the body not covered by physical barriers, like shooting exposed legs underneath a car. The bullet drop compensator is very excellent. Just match the width of the crosshair on the BDC to the width of the shoulder and you have a range estimate, with the POI already at the crosshair. It just makes 300 meter shots easy as cake.

CQB is where the Aimpoint shines. It is very friendly to two-eyes opes shooting since it is not magnified. The ACOG is workable for CQB, but not as good as Aimpoint.

Both the ACOG and the Aimpoint are combat proven in Iraq and Afghanistan, but the American forces seems to prefer the ACOG over the Aimpoint.

Here is a good read on some more comparisons:
    (Note: Eotechs and Aimpoints are both non-magnified red dots)

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=193965

19. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

Yup! The US Armed Forces tend to prefer the ACOG. I've seen a picture of a Marine with an ACOG-equipped M-14.

Thanks for the info.

20. Frontsight68

Frontsight68
    Expand Collapse

Yup, I did get that backwards.

Thanks

Frontsight