close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Look what FedEx brought me today...

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by wrx04, Oct 13, 2010.

1. wrx04

wrx04

Sep 25, 2008
    MI
    After a few days wait, i finally got my 550 today! Just got done setting it up. Now the hard part is waiting for the bullets/brass/....AND GUN to show up. The brass and bullets should be here by Friday or Saturday.

My only .45, which i just bought new last week (STI Trojan), had to go back to the factory because the barrel bushing was SO tight i couldnt get it to move. They received it yesterday, so hopefully they get it back to me quick. I'm dying to try it, especially with ammo that i made.

I didnt reload a single round yet, but i think i'm already addicted:supergrin:

Here are a few pics...
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2465/img1096f.jpg
    http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9652/img1097fa.jpg

2. XDRoX

XDRoX

Jan 24, 2009
    San Diego
    Congrats. The 550b is a workhorse, you'll love it.
    [​IMG]

3. Bello

Bello America/Italia

Sep 24, 2008
    East Coast
    sweet lets all go to his house and have a pizza/reloading party in the BATHROOM!

4. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia

I'll bring the beer. :cheers:

5. wrx04

wrx04

Sep 25, 2008
    MI
    :rofl:

The blue matches the baby poop yellow nicely, doesnt it?

6. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

Mar 26, 2009
    Spencer Indiana
  7. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
  8. ColdShot

ColdShot

Jul 15, 2010
    Bartlett,TN
    looking good.......I hope that table you have mounted to it is screwed to the floor
    or wall,she'll be a rockin if not

9. wrx04

wrx04

Sep 25, 2008
    MI
    Actually, its not. The whole setup is a lot heavier than it looks. I pulled the handle with the force i would when reloading, and there was zero movement. If it needs to be anchored i will do it, but i dont suspect i will have problems.

10. ColdShot

ColdShot

Jul 15, 2010
    Bartlett,TN

Cool,I went from a lee turret press to the 550 a just few weeks ago
    Night and day difference in bench requirments !
    With 4 cases all being pushed up and down at the same time it needs some ARM
    I had to add a bunch of reenforcement everywhere - now I think I can lay an engine block on my bench ....good luck

11. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Wait for a repair, screw that, go buy another gun tomorrow! What's the worst that's going to happen, you'll end up with two... for now. You'll be at fifty before you know it. (Of course you're going to loose half of those in your first divorce. :whistling:)

Jack

12. wrx04

wrx04

Sep 25, 2008
    MI
    I like your style. I should go buy another gun, but the woman is pressing me for a ring.....gotta start saving for that BS. I'll make sure i keep a little stash on the side for guns....and make some *arrangements* to protect myself from the first divorce:supergrin:

13. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Wrx, I'm going to save your ***** by making sure your lafy friend knows that BS refers to beautiful stone. You owe me one!

14. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    The only "bad" thing I can see about your setup is your table.... looks like you will HAVE to reload standing up, only?

I actually do most of mine sitting, on a tall bar stool. I can put my feet on the rungs of the stool, or I can put them on the bottom shelf of my bench. Or, I can load standing (my bench is pretty tall). Don't think I'd like to *always* have to load standing...

But, all in all... that's a minor issue. You're going to love that press, I have something like 24,000 though mine (all 9mm) that I just got setup July of '09.

15. fudd

fudd

Mar 31, 2006
    Fort Worth, Texas
    If you are going to load in the bathroom, the Dillon is the correct tool. I used to have the same shower curtain. j/k about having the same shower curtain.

16. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Why does that cabinet look like something you'd see in a doctor's office? I recognize it 'cause I'm an amateur gynecologist.

(Everyone needs a hobby. :supergrin:)

Jack

17. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    We have had a rash of people building bench's like that lately. Even seated setups that have no room for your legs. If he decides he wants a tall bench that would allow a press there are several very simply ways to mount a press up high and still have room for his legs.

I load standing only. I don't mind doing it. I actually prefer it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  18. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    I have to agree. I tried sitting, it puts me too low to see in the case or too high for comfortable pulling the handle. So I load standing. I rarely load for more than an hour at a time, 400-500rds/hr is plenty of volumn for any shooting I need to do.

19. MrOldLude

MrOldLude

Jan 18, 2010
    Ah, nostalgia. It reminds me of my younger days when I didn't know how to resize images either.