close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LongIsland, NY GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by lethal tupperwa, Oct 9, 2006.

1. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Yes there was one and it was above the Nor-Easter and the weather was Gorgeous.

Mid seventies (the temp not MY score)shot in a tee shirt.

Glen's son shot his first match.

Every stage moved smoothly, no long waits.

Brian, thanks again for the directions. They made for a nicer drive than the ones from MapQuest.

[​IMG]

2. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

Pros: Could not have asked for better weather. Sunny and clear, mid 70's, and a light breeze. Wait times were short, and the RO's very curteous and professional. I will be there next year.

Cons: No GSSF signing for directions, after entering the airport facility. Or if there were, I didn't see them. Drove around the small municipal airport for awhile, trying to find the range. Finally took a chance and drove PAST the clearly marked sign that said "RESTRICTED AREA - AUTHORIZED VEHICLES ONLY". Really a queasy feeling, with the current state of affairs in the world, airport security as we know it, and firearms in the vehicle. It's all good now, found the range, and shot pretty well (for me, anyway). A minor gripe, merely an "opportunity" to improve upon a good match.

3. GJM89

GJM89

Great time as alway's when I go to Long Island. Nice setups of all stages, glad we don't have to walk out as far as we used to, and the plate rack setup is very nice. It gives you a nice feeling to be remembered by some of the ROs, makes you feel like your at your own home range. The weather was great, Scott,Mark,the Armorer (Damn I forgot your name) and all the ROs did a great job, thanks for running a smooth match again this year, it was good to see you all. Yes, my son Christopher did shoot his first match and he found out as many have before, while it looks real easy, some how it's just so hard to hit the middle of that target. To be fair, he and I were both sick, me on antibiotics and he on nyquil with no practice for my son Chris. No, not an excuse just a point of interest. Also, if anybody's home town Fire Dept. is missing any Diamond Plate off of any of their rigs please contact Don, he has it. Thanks again for a nice day and we'll see you all next year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

5. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I look at the match results from different matches, both the prelims and the final results, as they are published online. Where is the New York match (Long Island) posted? There is nothing listed for New York. After New Jersey it is blank. All the matches are there and the prelims and finals are the ones in white and the red ones haven't happened yet. New York is listed no where. Where do the participants read the results? I wasn't there, but I'm still interested in looking at the scores.

6. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

we've been wondering the same thing! Scores are usually up by now.

7. GJM89

GJM89

Just got some Flash info., can't verify this information, and it's from a source that's been totally unreliable in the past. It would appear that the individuals at the match identified as Scott and Mark, ( sounds like a radio talk show team), were really Aliens ( outer space types) this being the reason that the match is held near the airport every year. Their space ship being disguised as a private jet. This being the case, all results are now resting comfortably at area 51 and if you do a Google Earth search of Area 51, you'll see Scott and Mark standing next to the large hanger on the right waving at the camera, or not. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes:

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Told'ya. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :thumbsup: Remember this is all in light hearted fun to relieve the tension of waiting. :thumbsup:

9. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

A GSSF match on Long Island, and Glenn with two N's both looking alike went and shot it. Now way! What is the world coming to.

Pharaoh

10. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

L.I. GSSF Match????????? I don't see no stinking L.I. match!!:upeyes:
    Maybe Glockstein's mothership will bring the match results back to good ole mother earth SOON!:rofl:

Dan:cool:

11. GJM89

GJM89

Remember Guy's THEY ARE WATCHING, WE ARE NOT ALONE. :ufo: :ufo: :ufo: :ufo: :ufo:

12. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

God Help them ALL!:tongueout:

13. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

L.I. GSSF Match????????? I don't see no stinking L.I. match!!:upeyes:
    Maybe Glockstein's mothership will bring the match results back to good ole mother earth SOON!:rofl:

14. Mrs. L.

Mrs. L.

I thought it was just a figment of my imagination! Just a dream?
    No, I saw me shooting the plates, and the "5". I thought I was there! Did I hear soneone say"beam me up,Scotty?"

15. GJM89

GJM89

Was I using a 17L, or a Phaser, I'm old and I just can't get up, I mean I can't remember. Maybe it was a Photon Torpedo.:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :outtahere:

16. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep ----------- All of the above.:tongueout: :rofl: :banana: :thumbsup: Maybe it was that "Leprecon Gun".:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

17. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

What did the trip on that spaceship cost????:upeyes:

18. GJM89

GJM89

What does that shoot, Four leaf clover's or mugs of Guiness?:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

19. GJM89

GJM89

It was free, I swipped Brian's easy pass so I picked up the tolls on our way out of our solar system. :ufo: :ufo: :ufo: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

20. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

KOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!:supergrin: