Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Long time Glocker purchased my first CZ

Discussion in 'CZ Club' started by BroncoAZ, Nov 4, 2012.

1. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    I own and like Glocks, but there's a lot more to this site than Glocks.
  2. jr05

Jun 9, 2007
    Congrats on the new CZ, they are awesome guns. Sounds like it is a great fit for you.

I have had my eye on a Shadow model for quite a while, but just can't shoot a DA/SA well enough to make it worth it for me for IDPA/IPSC. I haven't found anything yet that is faster for me than the G34.

3. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    I just purchased my third Cz Wednesday. I originally went to the GS to buy ammo and look at the madness going on and came home with a PO-1. I took it to the range yesterday along with my only glock (G26). Now even though I'm not a big fan of glock pistols I do shoot it very well or at least as these old wyes will let me.:rofl:Those CZ's though are just so nice that I shoot them better then any other pistol I own.
    I put another 30 flawless rounds through the 26 and 100+ flawless rounds through the PO-1. I just love the feel of all steel/alloy CZ pistols. I would not be suprised to hear one day that some of those Glocks were sold to buy a few more CZ's. It's been know to happen in the past. Congrats on buying a great pistol.
  4. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Shocking that people own more than one brand isn't it?

You had better get busy, there are a whole lot of clubs here for other guns, you had better start questioning all of them.

I think I would stater with "Tactical Shotguns" since Glock doesn't make those and then move up to the 1911 folks.
  5. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I understand those who still have Glocks and other brands utilizing the site and the other forums, but frequently I run across people like b.reid and Cambo who claim they no longer own any Glocks but still post here.
  6. Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    I don't own any Glocks. I had 6 - G17C, G17L, G19, G22, G24 and G34. I had vicious thumb pain in my right hand and I thought it was from my job. On a whim, I decided to exclusively shoot my CZs for a couple of months. My thumb pain went away(I was still working by the way). I went back to shooting my Glocks and the thumb pain returned. The reason? The frame was too wide and I had to force my right thumb into it to get a good grip. When recoil occurred, it would hammer into my thumb joint. It turns out, after posting about it on GT, I wasn't the only one to have that problem. My Glocks were great guns in many respects, never a jam between them. I won't shoot something though, that is uncomfortable or is injuring me. Does that clear it up for you? Or will you still assume I own Glocks because I am a member here. Next you'll go after Okie, who only owns 1911s.
  7. caraker0341

Feb 26, 2012
    New Mexico
    You will probably be buying one or three more soon. Congrats. A CZ 75B with a manual safety is the most accurate and fun pistol I have ever had. Throw in a Kadet kit and the fun factor went through the roof.
  8. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I'll stick with the decocker models, I don't care for manual safeties. Their P-09 Duty looks very interesting, I will probably pick one up when they are available.
  9. f&am

Nov 19, 2011
    own a glock22 for carry & a cz shadow for competition, both great guns.
  10. Glocktastic

Sep 25, 2008
    I went from a G17 for daily carry to a CZ P-07 Duty in 9mm. It is a fabulous gun for the money, lock-stock reliable and accurate. I love the feel of this weapon.

I work in a dusty woodshop and carried my newly-purchased piece daily, allowing it to get dusted up and then took it to the range and ran it flawlessly. I feel very comfortable with this on my hip and with its reliability.

Congrats on your CZ puchases, albeit a bit late. i am keeping my G17, but the P-07 is my first choice for EDC.
  11. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I am still waiting for the release of the P-09 duty. With all of the silliness going on I don't know if they will arrive anytime soon. I did pick up a G20 Gen 4 though.
  12. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2005
    I just bought the P-07 tactical (threaded barrel and higher sights to accommodate a suppressor). Excited to test her out and eventually get her suppressed.

Added to the family of SP-01 tactical, P-01, and 75B-SA/Kadet (threaded and suppressed by Gemtech)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  13. gbanker

Nov 5, 2010

Bought my CZ 75 SP 01 last year, 300 rounds through, the gun is a beast. If I didn't need the money for another project I wouldn't sell it but it will be probably be a friend's gain.
  14. WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    The 75 platform is in many parts of the world what the 1911 platform is here in the USA. I've not owned a bad CZ product. Their rifles are scary accuate strait out of the box.