close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Long time Glocker purchased my first CZ

Discussion in 'CZ Club' started by BroncoAZ, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I've been shooting primarily Glocks since I purchased my first G23 in 1998. I recently was looing for something different just out of curiosity. I looked at the HK P30L, S&W M&P, FN, etc. I ended up purchasing a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical in 9mm. The CZ feels great in the hand, and the model I got has the decocker instead of the safety. This was one of the few guns that pointed well for me, most have a different angle from Glock and I end up pointing them too high. I gave it a good cleaning, cycled the slide by hand about 200 times, then cleaned it again before taking it to the range. The first time out was yesterday, I ran 250 rounds through it without a hickup. I was impressed with the accuracy, I shot as well or slightly better than I do with my Glock 34. I liked the SA/DA setup, neither was too long or gritty like the reviews suggested. I did notice the extra weight of the all steel gun, but that translated to almost no recoil.

I am now interested in adding a CZ P-07 Duty to my collection. I'm not going to give up Glocks or anything silly, but I do want to train on multiple platforms.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. czsuby

czsuby

Dec 23, 2011
    Congrats on your new CZ. You may want to try the phantom. It's a polymer SP-01.

3. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Eutopia
  4. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Glad to hear a "Glocker" give a CZ a fair trial.The majority of pure "Glockers" tend to freak over the DA pull of ANY da/sa gun.

5. I own and carry plenty of Glocks but find CZ's to be excellent guns. I own a CZ75 Stainless Limited and it is a sweet shooter. Shoot it much better than the Glock but end up carrying a G19 because of the weight. Loaded G19 weighs the same as empty CZ.

6. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I have no complaints about the DA pull on the CZ. Although I own over a dozen Glocks, I have a couple of S&W revolvers, a couple of Kahr's, and my dad always shot Sig.

After running another 150 rounds through my new 75 last night, I picked up another CZ. This one is a CZ P-07 Duty in 9mm. I was impressed with the design and feel of the pistol, and the Omega design SA/DA trigger felt very good. Unfortunately the parts to convert the safety to a decocker were not in the box when I got home, so I'll have a review of CZ's customer service (which I read is very good).

7. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    CZ customer service was very good. I sent them an e-mail about the missing decocker parts, they responded asking for my serial number, and my parts arrived today. I wish all companies had that kind of CS.

8. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
    A long time glocker bought your first CZ?

9. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    Yes, I've shot mostly Glocks for the past 15 years, recently I have purchased two CZ pistols. Rereading the title, I need to add a comma so it reads "Long time Glocker, purchased my first CZ".

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  10. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Funny thing. My full sized 75 had the Omega trigger and I don't like it as well as the original in my 75c. Between the slightly flatter front strap and the Omega trigger it just doesn't "work" as well for me.

11. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
    Just busting your balls. The cz is a fantastic pistol. Congrats on the buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    Won't be long until you are selling Glocks to buy better guns. I don't own any Glocks anymore.

13. righteoushoot

righteoushoot Deluxe Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Not New York (N.E. OH)
    :wow:

:rofl:

14. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I might thin the herd of some .40 S&W models I don't shoot as much anymore in favor of more 9mm, but I doubt I'll be deglocking myself anytime soon.

15. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Dog Lover

Jun 9, 2006
    North Alabama
    Put some Cajun Gun Works parts into a 75B and you'll be amazed at the improved trigger. Much "crisper" with no cam-over.

I really like GLOCK pistols and own several. Really great sidearms. My 34 and 29 are favorites! My department issues me a Gen 3 G22 with a LaserMax guide rod in it and the department gives me all the .40S&W ammo I could possibly want including 180-gr HSTs. I could do the backstroke in all the 180-gr HSTs I have. Yet that G22 just sits at home nestled inside the box it came in and never gets carried.

I carry steel guns most of the time, including on occasion a matte stainless 75B.

I'm a fan of the CZ family of guns!

16. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats on your new CZs.

They're great pistols.

17. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
    Exactly what happened to me. No regrets.

18. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    Yet you guys still post on glocktalk? :dunno:

19. USMCgs3

USMCgs3

Aug 10, 2011
    Nomads

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

20. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
    It's still a good website with lots of info about other guns.