close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

long term cheese

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Angel, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Angel

Angel

Jan 4, 2000
    Florida
    I saw a great show on the history of cheese. it said that cheese was a long term food for thousands of years. I saw a few threads on sealing your cheese in wax but I would like to just purchase a roll of cheese that is already sealed and good for storage. anyone have any ideas?
    thanks
    angel

2. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I would buy that episode on Blu-ray. I lost a lot of drool during that show...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  3. Toyman

Toyman

May 6, 2003
    West Michigan
    Try clicking on Thread Tools at the top of the first post and select "Subscribe to this thread", that keeps everyone from getting a notification email just to see you say "tagged". Thanks.

P.S. Cheese is good food!

4. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

I have long term storage powdered & solid canned cheese..

..as well as bricks of aged sharp cheddar, sections of Parmigiano Reggiano, etc...

..but I would love to have a wheel or 2 of Parmigiano Reggiano in storage! :supergrin:

http://www.amazon.com/Parmigiano-Re...r_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1312325810&sr=1-1

5. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I love cheese too much to store it. Not that storing it somehow degrades the cheese. Just that I envision a giant rat raiding the cheese depot :supergrin:

6. Try a "whole foods", or the local gourmet market. I realize you can't use the second link directly, but there should be something like it near you somewhere..