Long Slide Pron (17L, 20L, 34, 35, etc.)

Discussion in 'Long Slide Forum' started by Hackett, Feb 9, 2010.

1. :wavey:

Attached Files:

2. From another thread...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I want one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NICE.

4. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

G35
    [​IMG]

G24C
    [​IMG]

5. G20L goodness...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7 Meathead9, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  6. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Meathead9 what brand of slide is on your G20L & what type of sights are those??
    I've always wanted a G17L since the mid 80s, One of these days!!

7. The slide is from Lone Wolf, blind marked & black oxide finished. The rear sight is Dawson Precision's adjustable fiber optic sight, and the front is a DP .100" wide fiber optic. (factory front sight is .125" wide)

8. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

I realy like an undercut front sight, My Ruger MKII Target is like that and is deadly accuarate..
    I'm kicking around a possible deal with a vendor who has a G17L Brigada Antiterorista..
    I think it would make a great Range Target Pistol.. With some new sights..
    Are the longslide Glocks more accurate than the standard lenth pistols??

Here's a few pics of the 17L

Brigada Antiterorista 2nd Generation Glock 17L
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. My and a friend's G34s don't seem to be more accurate than our other compact or standard length Glocks. I tried to initiate discussion of this in an April 2010 thread, but got only one response.

10. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

perfesser are you the same person from the S&W Forum who fit a 940 cylinder to a Airweight?? If not sorry!!
    I'm Headknocker @ the S&W Forum..

I always figured the 17L would be more accurate than the 19 or 17??
    It has a longer sight radius & a 6" barrel which would also give higher velocities with standard pressure ammo..
    Also the added weight couldn't hurt either..
    Plus a factory 3.5/4.5 Connector..
    The closest thing to a 17L I've shot was an HK USP45Tactical & it was deadly, I also shot a SIG P220Sport with comp & it also was very accurate..
    Thanks for the reply
    Gary

#14 Glock 17L, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  11. No, I'm not. But s/he sounds like an interesting gal/guy. My moniker is a reference to the "brainy" convict in all those prison movies. Also, my wife's ex-mother-in-law once referred to me that way. (We live in the Southeast.)

But I need to get more accurate -- somehow -- with my G34, which I like in all other respects.... I would be inclined to accept that it's just me, but a friend who is a cop and experienced shooter feels the same way about his.

Maybe I should try out somebody's G17L to see if I am better with that.

12. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

I ended up not scoreing the 2nd gen 17L..
    Someone else wanted it more..
    They scored it for $525 + S&H & FFL Fees..

13. My brother and I both shoot my G34 noticeably more accurately than his G19.

Since it's a photo thread I guess I'll include some pics, sorry, they suck.

[​IMG]
    My G34 along with the most accurate gun I own...my Buckmark Camper. That thing ate that target up from 10 yards all the way out to 30 yards.

[​IMG]
    On the kitchen counter with my USP40

#17 Lloyd-Xmas, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  14. Yep sorry about that. I have a thing for Austrian Eagle marked Glocks. And the Glock ges.m.b.h is cool too.

Just to make you feel better, my bid was over $800. This gun looks like it was fired very little, like a cop gun, the finish is worn but evenly and smoothly. Looks like it did mostly holster duty.

But since this is a pron I will show my others since you already have shown off my newest.

[​IMG]
    First generation, ported barrel on the bottom.

[​IMG]
    Second Gen upper with G17 third gen lower - mix and match

[​IMG]
    The complete second gen gun

15. Did you polish the barrel your self?

16. Polishing a glock barrel is really easy and only takes Mother's Mag Polish and a terry cloth.

There are walk-throughs on GT that make it really really easy.

you also dont have to go crazy being you never see half the barrel when it is in use. though, I opted to just do the whole thing to make it uniform.

And I am really really wanting a 17L now!

~ Hackett