close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Long Range RimFire Precision Aug 29 shoot

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jaisan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jaisan

jaisan

Dec 23, 2003
    Philippines
    HI guys,

Just finished the courses of fire (short course match meaning 25-50 meters) - total of 78 rounds for 22 only - no magnums or 17 hmrs only 22 lr.
    First two courses will be standard exercises at 25 meters and 50 meters 4 positions (standing, sitting, kneeling, prone with support, prone no support), then two tactical exercises one from prone for 23 rounds 50 meters and one choose your window for 5 shots at the target. Par times here are 5 shots in one minute.
    If there is enough time - we may have a surprise shoot.
    Medals only to the top three finishers. Certificates for everyone else indicating level of performance - sharpshooter, marksman, basic rifleman, etc.
    To be held at the Armscor range on August 29
    Fee is 500 pesos - for the competition plus you get 100 rounds of armscor bullets (yes you have to use these) Your choice of subsonics - standard vel, or high vel. This is part of the fee so you do not have to pay extra for the bullers unless you want more.
    We will have a sighting in range throughout the competition plus PPSA NROI will be managing the course. Non-PPSA persons can join!!!!
    will have the course ready for downloading tonight if you want pm me with your email address and will email course of fire to you
    Please register at the Facebook account of the Armscor Shooting ranges thingamajig... so we know how many people to prepare for.
    :wavey: see ya...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    my cousin and i will join pending the release of my PTT

3. stinger030

stinger030

Nov 4, 2007
    Are they issuing PTTs for the 22LR rifle now?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  4. jaisan

jaisan

Dec 23, 2003
    Philippines
    Yup, I believe so :embarassed: basta 22 not 223....
    Even 223 I think - am not sure they gave out some for competition purposes.

5. jaisan

jaisan

Dec 23, 2003
    Philippines
    Hi Guys,
    Sunday Aug 29 is near and would appreciate a heads up on who is going to the shoot. Kindly email me at jcg@esi.com.ph, text me 0917 5555 001, or register in facebooks - armsrcor shooting ranges - 22LR fun shoot. Just getting a head count so we can prep the targets and time the events - like surprise shoots, those that want a second run P200 but your bullets, those that want a third run -P100 - note all funds go to armscor - for use of range, props, targets, bad boys, etc...
    Will be there in the 75 meter range with 4 NROI range officers, Mon Morales, and possibly my son. As mentioned earlier will have my ruger 10 220 target ready for use (KIDD trigger, 3oz 1st stage, 6 oz 2nd stage) plus Bob Sajots single shot armscor rifle - the prototype will only be released next week pa - sorry..
    Be early...
    Sailor - aka Johnny Garcia

6. gundog

gundog senior gunner

Jan 12, 2005
    QC
    will try to join if i get my ptt this afternoon or tom. kinakalawang na cz 22 ko:crying:

7. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    What time ba dapat nandoon lalo na kung di naka zero yung rifle

8. jaisan

jaisan

Dec 23, 2003
    Philippines
    Will be there early - hopefully by 7 worst 730. Just look for me will help you zero.

Johnny Gracia:supergrin:

9. goodtj

goodtj Shotgun lover

Oct 13, 2008
    Phil.
    tnx for the use of your ruger though my shooting skills doesn't do justice to its excellent trigger i enjoyed it

tj

10. Taurus

Taurus

Jan 10, 2003
    Area 51
    Jaisan,

I had a great time. Thanks for organizing the shoot and for the very helpful pointers.

Looking forward to the next practice/match.

11. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
  12. darth board

darth board steel killer

Jan 16, 2006
    earth
    thanks taurus for letting me use your cz rifle. enjoy ako kakatama ng hostages.

13. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    any photos of this shoot i was not able to attend double birthday celebration breakfast party and meryenda party.

14. ahtsay

ahtsay

Jan 16, 2006
    Hey Johnny, it was nice meeting you. Too bad I had to leave early and wasn't able to shoot. Maybe we can try it in laoag :supergrin:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  15. Hi johnny!:wavey:

Thank you for the good time we all had last Sunday.

The COFs were really fun and very challenging.

Hope we can make this a regular thing.

Best regards,
    Ace

16. jaisan

jaisan

Dec 23, 2003
    Philippines
    Hi guys, I am attaching herewith the scores for the shoots - forgive me if I do not know all our names - matanda na ako. Shoot was very tiring on my part - Armscor is promising me more ranges next time - thanks to all who attended, thanks to the NROI and Doc Cinco for their range officers, to Mon Morales for scoring, my Sandy for tabulating the scores and for those who attended thanks a million - To the winners - Congrats..
    Am looking at one match a month - plus structured practices whenever and wherever we can. For those that we could not accomodate - next time - a good shoot is about 15 to 30 persons if we have several ranges and will make the courses more manageable. In Splendido I can handle a lot due to the size. As per my son - the shooters where very friendly and accomodating with sharing their knowledge - which is great!!!

Thanks everyone..

Guys I have pictures of the shoot, but I do not have anymore space here- what do I do - delete my old pictures:dunno:? help?

17. jaisan

jaisan

Dec 23, 2003
    Philippines
  18. jaisan

jaisan

Dec 23, 2003
    Philippines
    correction on Course 4 there are two first placers namely si Patrick and Heaven who had scores of 80 each and two third placers TJ and Nandy - usually we decide this by a shoot off but since we lack the time we are awarding this in favor of the shooters.
    sorry about that.

19. Taurus

Taurus

Jan 10, 2003
    Area 51
    Yay! I won third place!

Actually, what it really means is that I didn't shoot as many hostages as the others. : )

It was surprisingly tiring, almost like shooting an IPSC match. It takes considerable effort and concentration to maintain a steady sight picture 73 times. Also the one minute time limit can be daunting when you're shooting thumb-sized hostage takers' heads at 50 yards.

It was definitely challenging and I recommend that shooters do it at least once for the experience.